Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Updating at last...this could get long

The last few weeks have worn me down to say the least. Its been one thing to the next. So I will definetly try to update here about all the things going on. First I went to New York. This definetly deserves its own post so I will give details about that later. Let me just say it was a great trip and I can not wait to go back! I came home and had 1 week before the studio's dance recital. My classes rehearsed hard all week and I felt such relief and knew we were ready. Friday night rehersal was a total mess. It did not go very smooth at all and I was really worried at how Sat. would go. The best news was we got out of there before midnight so we were not all totally exhausted. Rye and Kendal did very well with all of their performances. DH did a awesome job as "stage dad" Even through 7 costume changes! The kids I teach did very well too! I was proud! I can't believe I doubted myself. Here are some pics from that weekend!



Posted by Picasa



After the recital we celebrating at Kanpai.....That looked a little like this...

and this.....

Misti and I about busted a gut on sushi......Or as Kendal says shushy. K said "Next time we go there I am trying that shushy!" Good kid.

Next up on the update list. Mother's Day. Yuck. I really don't like holidays such as this. We just hung around the house. Did some yard work. Then got the bright idea of a hike. Ok. Here is where that went wrong. We were just going along on the trail. Having a great time. When K falls. She falls write down on her bum on a rock. And Screams. You know the scream. The one where you are sure there is something absolutely wrong. She cant move. Can't stand, definetly not walk. So we carry her out of there. She calms down and we are like ....okay she will be fine. We get her some ice cream(because that always helps,sure helped me) and decided to continue our day. We even went by the falls on our way back to the house. I am thinking okay, it scared her, knocked the breath out of her , its ok. Well by the time we made it home she was hurting bad. We ice and give her "buprofen"(so she says) She does not move for like 15 hours. Until I promptly take her to urgent care and get xrays. I know what some of you are saying. Why the heck did I not do that immediately. Well! Kids fall all the time and there is nothing you can do for the tailbone anyway! Anyway, thats what the doctor ended up telling me too! But wow, she has been in pain. She is doing better now but definetly still limitations. Here are the pics from that day!






before the broke butt......




and at the falls....



So it was an okay day, and it would not be "Mother's" Day if I did not get to take care of sick or hurt children right?

Well crippled missed school the whole week. Kinda sad too because it was her last week of preschool. Definetly a milestone. Times they are a-changing....... We did have Preschool graduation on Wed. and I worried how she would do. They were all supposed to sing and dance and at this point K was barely walking across the room by herself. Well DH came to the rescue. We decided he would walk her up on stage and put her on the riser while she did the program. She looked like things were fine....at least until she started to dance. I guess she just forgot or did not want to just stand there while everyone danced around her. Poor baby started wailing on stage. I take off , to get her but one of the teachers had already gotten DH to grab her. It was very dissapointing for her, but she rallied and got back up there to get her diploma. Ah, the end of an era. Ryley moves to a new school next year and K into kindergarten. Here are some pics of all that.


"Call me ...when you need a friend, Call me"


We went on to celebrate the big night...



Not sure what possessed my son to do this.....

Now you know if I had asked him to do that he would have said..NOOOOOOOO!

Well thats about all the updates I have for now. We just spent a very uneventful weekend at home. I attempted to "shop" down hwy 11 antique alley. Rain and I did not feel that great. I did get some good workouts in, but don't feel terribly ready for the race in Huntsville. Oh well. Never do. Its just this time of year. I am so ready for school to be out. 3 more days. Yeah. Later, gator.

No comments: