Okay, I am revisiting my 30 things to do before I turn 30. I wrote this in late 2007. Well Yesterday was the big 3-0!!!! I had a fabulous day. Doors opened and Doors closed. I feel very positive about my life and how things are smoothing along. So here we go! Lets see how I did, or how funny this list is!
1. Go abroad-There are plans for this in fall of 08. DH and I are planning a trip to Italy!
Yes, I went to Italy! Actually made it to London for a quick few hours as well. It was an amazing trip. Still working very slowly about blogging about this trip.
2. Learn the basics for said country-again, I have set the wheels in motion for this, but now its time to actually read the books and listen to the tapes.
Okay, this did not actually happen. But I did learn some basics and I still use them in my everyday speech. Nothing like being emersed in the culture while you are there. I miss it. I want to go back. I did throw my coin in the Trevi fountain, so its going to happen right?
3. Go back to school and work on finishing up my general studies- I am shooting for Fall here.
Well it did not happen as soon as I would have liked but I officially started yesterday. My first day of classes on my 30th bday. Pretty good I think!!!
4. Catch up on all things scrapbooking-This means all previous years, specialty albums, childhood albums, etc. I want to be working on current years only. I am so tired of the worry that these other things will never get done.
Are you ever really caught up? Okay, I plan on doing a very simple scrapbook of pics for all the years I have not completed. My life has completely changed now with this divorce that I do not have the desire to pour over them. The kids should have rememberance though. I for one am not trying to escape or ignore the past. It happened. There were good times and there are pics to remember them. Thats that! But no, I did not catch up!
5. Continue my running-This sounds like more of a new years resolution, but really it should be a life long decision to remain active and in shape.
Yes, still running. I love how year after year I just get better.......!!!
6. Run a marathon- This is my goal, I have run a 10k, I want to do a 1/2 in 2008, and the plan is to do the AZ Rock in Roll Marathon in January 2009.
NO, did not make it. Life just to busy, excuses ,excuses. I do plan on a 1/2 this fall though
7. Work on group fitness certification-This is seperate from going back to school. This is a field certification that can be obtained with a little studying and testing. Then I can go and teach in a gym. I would like to do group fitness/spinning/possibly yoga.
Well this did not happen either. I still plan on getting it. Once I settle into my schedule, I will get on it. I am in school to become a Athletic Trainer though. So I am on the right track.
8. Take my husband to Half Moon Bay, CA- He has never seen this beautiful place and I wish to take him there and drive down Hwy 1, hopefully in the fall. Stop at the little pumpkin festivals along the way, taking our time and enjoying all that this route has to offer.
Did not happen. Mainly because we moved here to Alabama. Or never really went back.
9. Go to San Franciso-This could technically be done on the same trip as Half Moon Bay, but who knows, I love California so much I may want to break up the trips.
Same thing as Number 8
10. Visit Big Sky Country- Maybe even ski! We will see. I have a friend who lives up there and so does Chris. So It would be great to go to this area that I have never seen and be around friends as well.
I still want this!!!!!!
11. Buy a mountain Bike- There are alot of races and fun things to explore if I could get into this hobby.
Nope did do this
12. Go Kayacking- I live in AZ for goodness sake, there is so much to see and explore. By water, land or air!
NOpe, never made it back to AZ and have not done it here
13. Learn what it takes to be the house that is the kid friendly house-You know what I mean, I want the kids and their friends to want to be at my house. There are multiple reasons for this. For one, I am always in contact with my kids and know what they are into, and I wish to build a relationship with my kids that is close and open.
Ongoing process........I think has something to do with the wii! :)
14. Get a dog- I do not have any pets, my cat is now living with my parents(long story) but I wish to have a dog. I want a small one, Chris a big one. So we are comprimising and getting a small dog. LOL. Actually I told him that when we knew his schedule better and would stay in a house longer than a few months then yes he could get a bigger dog. But for now , I have my name on the list for a morkie(Maltese/Yorkie).
Yes, got the Mork......I think Mom is adopting him though. He is my Mac
15. Set up a fish tank..........again. Chris wants salt water which I am okay with, but here again....we need to stay in one place for awhile!
No we did not do this. In my defense, and I should have thought about this, I never stay in one place for very long!
16. Do a fun/run/walk/ with the kids for a good cause
Yes! This summer we did a Twilight run for MS. The kids had a blast.
17. Sky Dive- Not by myself. No thanks, with someone attached to me and I think Chris will join
18. Continue paying off Debt- including student loans
Yes! and Student Loans are gone!! woo hoo
19. Spend a anniversary together with my husband-This has not happened for us in 6 years! We have only been married 7!
Lets just leave this question alone! Since I am going through the big D and don't mean Dallas!
20. Get into the habit of a girls night out-Seriously Laura, when I get home, seriously!!! I miss you--Oh and side note to this, we are going to get tickets to see Wicked and hopefully Mama Mia again! Been doing this, its nice. I miss you Laura. We did have one good night before Italy though!!!
21. Go on regular dates with my husband- No we have never done this. I need a babysitter!
Again we will leave this!
22. Get in the car and drive somewhere for the weekend-no plans, no direction, just go!
I have taken a ton of trips and alot of spur of the moments!!!!
23. Attend a SS retreat
Yes, Skyline. Its again this weekend!
24. Better yet, host a SS retreat-There is a ton of us in AZ and CA....its doable!
Nope, change of life again
25. See Jimmy Buffett in concert....again-Now I know technically I have already done this..3 times but it just gets better and better and I hope in the next 2 years I can do it again!
Tried to get tickets! Sold out!
26.Wine taste in California- I would love to go and stay at a vineyard and do this!
again Moved to Alabama
27. Ride a motorcycle- Yes I have done this, but it has been a really long time. Chris wants one so maybe it will be his I am riding!
Did not happen
28. Get another tattoo-I want one on the wrist or neck and I want it to be celtic in design with Chris name entwined in it.
Soon , getting my shoulder redone.
29. Go back to Mexico- Hopefully with someone that knows it better!- Ivan and Krysten I am counting on you guys for this. I would love to see all those things I saw pictures of!
30. Vegas Baby!-- for more than 24 hours. This is the key factor. I got no sleep last time because we tried to squeeze it all in in such a short time frame. Also included in this trip is a shocking show(more shocking than Wayne Newton!) Chris and I are thinking of that Vampire Kiss show....I wonder if it is still playing.
I sure did put alot of trips on here.
Well all in all, I think that I did pretty good.