Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Inspiring

I went to the Hunter Art Museum in Chattanooga yesterday. It was for an Art assignment mostly but.......it turned out to be a relaxing and inspiring morning. I have forgotten how awesome it is to walk around a museum like that. I got all the materials I needed for my paper and LOVED looking at the Christmas trees that decked the halls!


please excuse the pics there was no flash! and those ladies at the museum watch you like a hawk!

Like this one.......








I should have put golden peacock feathers in my tree......














Or a butterfly.....I heart you!!!














Or lightbulbs!!! genious....who needs ornaments!





Really this is just me and a really cool mirror!
windex please







Really , I had a great time.........and I fell in love with a few pieces.



This one.....beautiful!


Ralph Blalock- Landscape with Moon


And while it could have a better name....eh hem.....its BEAUTIFUL



And I really like this horse.....I just do
I saw this piece and started walking faster......I recognized the artist from a freaking distance!!!! Beautiful work by Dale Chihuly.....Oh my gosh, I could eat you up....


And on a side note, this could mean I actually retained some information from this Art class Im taking....Go me!



Sidney Goodman - Girl with a Sheet

Um.....wow....This was like a photograph! I fell into pieces over it....I just stood there and stared...



Tony Scherman
I love it....Creepy.......but I'm into that sort of thing.....


not technically art....but if I ever have a stair banister......please god let me have one like this!



And this chandelier.........stunnning

So that was my morning.....I did not even take my cell phone in. How relaxing.











No comments: