Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Found this quote.....it has meaning for me right now







There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept,


Things we don't want to know but have to learn,


and people we can't live without but have to let go. ~Author Unknown








And don't you just want to escape sometimes..........which reminds me of a blog challenge I never did. "Where do you go (mentally) to escape the day to day?, Whats your mental vacation?" Well I am the type of person who definetly likes to escape. I need quiet. I need nature. I need to hear my own heart beat. I have always been the type of person who would get up and go on a moments notice. Fly by the seat my pants, up for anything! Friend calls in the middle of the night...."hey lets go to the beach" Sure! I miss this spontainity! Before I had kids I could just get and the car and go. Oh and the stories I could tell! UCLA, Spring Break, Lake Havasu, thats all I am saying! Anyway! There has to be other ways now that grabbing my keys and going take a little more planning. Running definetly clears my head, but some days its not possible. Like today. R had surgery today, K screamed and threw a fit and would not go to school, and DH is in the air as we speak flying back to the US. And all I want to do is run away. I am so exhausted. Mentally, Physically, Emotionally. And the only place I can think to be is where I can hear waves crashing, smell salt in the air, feel grains of sands under my feet. I need a beach fix. So bad. So I guess that is where I go for my Mental Vacation.....back to the beach.......reminds me of a some lyrics from one of my favorite Jimmy Buffett song.......

I want to go back to the island,
Where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilin'.
Give me oysters and beer for dinner every day of the year,
And I'll feel fine, I'll feel fine.

'Cause I want to be there,
I want to go back down and lie beside the sea there.
With a tin cup for a chalice
Fill it up with good red wine,
And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.

Yeah, now the sun goes slidin' 'cross the water;
Sailboats, they go searchin' for the breeze.
Salt air it ain't thin,It can stick right to your skin,
And make you feel fine.It makes you feel fine

Yes, and now you heard my strange proposal;
Get that Packard up and let's move.
I want to be there before the dayTries to steal away and leave us behind;
I've made up my mind;










and here is a pic I took about a year ago.




So for now, I will look at pictures, listen to my JB albums and plan my next beach trip. But soon, very soon, I am just going to grab my keys and go! I mean a mental vacation can only hold you for so long!!!!!

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Beautiful picture!

I woke up this morning to snow on the ground. Why, oh why, is it snowing so late in March???? I have errands to run today. I'm thinking I might have to put a Buffett CD in so, even though it doesn't look like paradise, it will sound like it!

By the way, I love the name of your blog! Everytime I see it I say to myself "...with hurricane season..."