Pages

Friday, April 02, 2010

Friday Follow, Fill-in, and the Letter B...and maybe a song

Welcome Friday Followers
I am playing along today because last week I was so happy to find many blogs that interested me. 
That is always an awesome thing. 

Friday Follow

Friday Fill-in
ffi


1. All you need is the Beach!  At least thats what I need....and I am going to have my toes in the sand with a drink in my hand this weekend!


2. Hanging with friends usually fills me with laughter that and Vodka!

3. Each generation, as it grows up, Is getting more obese according to my health and fitness book.  Just had to write a paper on this.

4.Stress is something I have a hard time dealing with and I wish that I could find something that works!  Wait...the Beach...I see a theme here.

5. A trip to the Beach is what I need! 
6. A few days at the beach and  when you get back its just all a little bit easier.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to driving to Gulf Sores, tomorrow my plans include my ass in the sand, drink in my hand, and a good book and Sunday, I want to do more of the same as Saturday, a little shopping, then pick up my kids!



B is for Beach, bed, baseball, blah, blah, blah
Really, I should be out of bed.  I have English Lit and Western Civ. to be doing.  I need to not procrastinate. But really its the boy's baseball schedule that has me all discombobulated( you like that word didn't you).  I was there at practice for 3 hours.  Watched one practice end then R had a practice game.  He had a great hit too....made it all the way to 3rd base.  Next hitter up to bat.  The ball is thrown.  The catcher misses the ball....R is running...sliding....and colliding into home plate.  BANG......My hands are covering my face at this time.  There is no way he is walking a way from this! But he does....and he plays the rest of the game.  Banged up, bruised and all.  Some nice battle scars. 
Today being Good Friday, we are all laying around in bed being lazy.  Which is awesome...despite my procrastination.  I work better under pressure people.  The kids dad will be here soon, they are spending a fun Easter weekend with him and some of his family.  They are uber excited to go and Easter is one of my least favorite holidays so kinda glad our weekends worked out this way.  I don't know its all the Bunnies and Baskets, and Jelly Beans.   Really I could do without it. No I am not talking about the religious aspect of the holiday I am talking about all the  hoopla that goes with it.   My plans are to pack up  and head to the beach. J and I find ourselves with a weekend that he is not working and we have no kids.   Hoo Rah.  No, I don't plan on wearing a bathing suit but I do plan on reclining in the sand, eating oysters, relaxing, shopping....etc. etc.  It does not matter we just need some relaxing time together...everything has been so stressful lately.  The cool thing is I have Opening Day of Baseball in Atlanta to look forward to as well!  Hooty Hoo! 

oh and I said maybe a song.....
so keeping with my B theme here. In fact I bet I can find a Buffett song for everyday of this challenge.  hmmm....

So of course you know I am going to give you some Buffett!
This one is pretty perfect for how I have been feeling lately

Boats to Build

It's time for a change
I'm tired of that same ol same
The same ol words the same ol lines
The same ol tricks and the same ol rhymes

 
Days precious days
Roll in and out like waves
I got boards to bend I got planks to nail
I got charts to make I got seas to sail


I'm gonna build me a boat
With these two hands
It'll be a fair curve
From a noble plan
Let the chips fall where they will
Cause I've got boats to build


Sails are just like wings
The wind can make em sing
Songs of life songs of hope
Songs to keep your dreams afloat
I'm gonna build me a boat
With these two hands
It'll be a fair curve
From a noble plan
Let the chips fall where they will
Cause I've got boats to build



Shores distant shores
There's where I'm headed for
Got the stars to guide my way
Sail into the light of day


I'm gonna build me a boat
With these two hands
It'll be a fair curve
From a noble plan
Let the chips fall where they will

Cause I've got boats to build




4 comments:

Wanda said...

Stopped by from Tossing it out. Checking in on fellow challengers. Hope you enjoy ur time at the beach :0)

MommiesSavings said...

Hi im following you from Follow Friday!

-Melissa
http://www.mommiessavings.com/

joeandbridge said...

Hi there! Stopping in to be your newest follower from Friday Follow! Hope you can swing by mine!
Happy Easter!

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
www.groschengoblins.com

Family-Friendly Product Reviews said...

Happy belated FF! Loved looking around your blog and I'm your newest follower! If you get a chance, please stop by and follow me too! Have a great day!

http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com