Thursday, April 23, 2009
1. First...enjoy the fact that I am going alone, No kids, No DH! Ahhhhhh, just 150 kids that are not mine.....Well thats the downside.
2. Hail a taxi to The City.
3. See the Statue of Liberty
4. View the city from the top of Rockefeller Center
5. Sleep in New Jersey
6. See the Museum of Natural History
7. Roam around Central Park
8. See The Little Mermaid on Broadway
9. See the lights of the city at night in Times Square and do a kickline with my girls there!
10. Go to Radio City Music Hall
11. See the stores on Fifth Avenue(because I can't afford to actually shop there)
12. Buy a I heart NY shirt (have too!)
13. See just enough of everything to want come back!!!
I can not wait! This is going to be an amazing trip!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
So, I was outside taking some "earthy" pictures. Found a easter egg. Told ya we missed a few. This one was pretty easy too. I am really hoping the sun comes through today and it warms up. I can take a long walk with the kids! Celebrate earth day a little, make them hug a tree. I need a nice relaxing day. I have alot on my plate right now and I need to stay focused. Not overwhelmed....focused! Yesterday was stressful but brought some good things as well. A little clarity. A little. I came home after a long productive day of classes, got comfy in the big chair, and promptly fell asleep in the 4th inning of the Cubs game. Sad, I know. I did not fall asleep though before I saw the cat run onto the field. Actually it very funny. It was not black so can not read to much into it. Someone ran after it , picked it up, only to get clawed to death, dropped it, picked it up again by its tail, then threw it into the stands. Hilarious, all though I am sure the animal rights people will be contacting Wrigley soon on the poor treatment of the little terror. Next up, a CIN player hits a shot down the left side, Soriano takes off to leap and catch, the ball was caught in the same foul place as a certain ball was caught a few years ago. I am not mentioning any names. Bartman. I thought I saw Alou there for a minute get pissed off and throw his glove down. Actually I really wish he was still there, miss him, but I am a fan of Soriano. Ahhhhhh.......a night for Omens. Well no, because that is all hogwash! Its our year. Sorry, but it is. So hang in there boys, don't let a cat and a misplaced foul ball go to your head. Laugh and go on. Looks like you did at 7-2. Not that I watched.....I fell asleep.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Manic Monday Questions! Yes, its 5.5 hours past Monday, but I did not get on the computer much yesterday. By the time I got home from classes it was after 7. I glanced around the kitchen(the family had already ate), saw nothing of interest, and promptly took myself to the bed, with mini-me in tote, curled under the covers, and watched the end of Pride and Prejudice. As the credits rolled so did my eyeballs back into my head. Exhausted.
Describe to me your favorite lounging clothes. Fish pants and tank top
If you promised to never lie again in your lifetime, in what area would it be hardest to uphold the promise? You know, I am not very good at the lying thing. Contrary to popular belief! I really suck at it! Not sure it would be very hard for me to promise not to do it again.
Give a one word answer to the question "why is life worth living". People
Okay , all that is done. Love all the little blog challenges out there. Keeps my head thinking. Not that I have any trouble in that department. I have been wide awake since 4. Maybe I went to bed to early, maybe I just have a lot on my mind. I am sitting here in my fish pants drinking a steaming cup of percolated coffee, thinking about all the changes that have occured over the last couple years and the ones that are coming. Changes they are coming. Big changes, small changes, but changes none the less. Restless! I have thought about the recital alot too. How can I make it go smoother for my students. I have dreamed in 5,6,7,8 ! Extra class time is a must. Going to be putting that in to the next few weeks. Competititon stuff is in my head, and dance camps, and frontline camps.......... New York trip is coming fast and could not be at a worse time. Oh well , timing is not everything. You can not wait for "perfect times" . Today will bring so much clarity to alot of things in my life. So I am looking forward to this day and what it will bring. I will need that run this morning to clear the air. I am so anxious for my runs now. They are coming fewer and fewer. My fault mostly because I let life get in the way, only to beat myself up over it later. Big race is on the horizon though. 3rd year for me, and guess what, I want a better score. I can see every leg of that race and I can taste it. Glad to be in good company this year. We will have a blast.
Before I go. A laugh.
The only way to eat mac and cheese!
I love my kids, they keep me rolling. This one, is hilarious. She sees things very black and white. She wants it the way she wants it, and that IS the only way. I see her logic. We are very much alike.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Rye and DH had already headed over to the ball fields for Opening Day of Baseball. I finished up performances, listened to the band for just a bit then left to watch Rye's game. It was a gorgeous day and the boys looked like they were having alot of fun! Rye had a few good hits but in the end that were taken at 7 to 4!
Next we were off to the studio for Twinklestars/Cheerstars Tryouts. I was a little nervous mostly because I had no idea what the turn out would be. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about, it was great! 12 total turned out and a few that could not make it! That is fabulous! I talked to parents about all that was involved with being on a competitive dance team and then I danced some with the kids. A very successful day! Cheerstars went well too. Lots of new faces! Rye is so excited to be starting from the beginning. He thinks he is big stuff. And like only a 8 year old can say " Mom, its where the girls are!" I do worry how he is going to choose. Soccer season will come and he will be wanting that. Well I will cross that bridge later.
So with all our obligations finished for the day. We headed to Chattanooga for a night of fun. Its no secret that I am a baseball fanatic! Minor league baseball is so much fun, not as much as the majors but I still love sitting in a ball park, eating hotdogs and explaining all aspects of the game to my kids. I love it when the ask Why? DH always laughs at my craziness for baseball. He never lets me live down the fact that I about made a player cry before at Spring Training game in AZ. I refuse to remember this incident. I mean its not my fault if he could not catch! :) Well last night was a fun game. Lots of homeruns, which was pretty cool. Lookouts lost miserably 10-5, but be proud I did not yell at anyone! If fact I sat back and just enjoyed it! The kids are looking forward to next weekends game in Montgomery. Thats who we were watching last night. The Montgomery Biscuits. So we will go see them in their home park with family on Sat. Of course I will have to take some of the one liners with me. I heard some "doozies" last night in the park.
Here are the top 3 one liners I heard from fans last night!
1. Those biscuits sure do have some butter on them don't they!
2. Lets see if the Biscuits can "rise" to the occasion!
3. I have seen better pitchers in a bar!
We had some real characters sitting around us, Dh and I were rolling!
Friday, April 17, 2009
1. Join me in TGIF! I have never been so happy! Long, Sick Week. Although I have a long busy weekend too. Oh well there will be some fun stuff involved!
2. Put a little __laughter___ in your day!
3. Happiness is a cup of coffee from my new percolator, Once you percolate you can never go back!
4. She is not mistaken and confused. She is right! I am just being honest!
5. I'm waiting for my doctor's apt. so I can get better! I bet you thought I would never say that! I hate the doctor!.
6. Cubs baseball is hard to resist. Even though we have lost the last 2 games. I am ready for some more torture at 1:20 today!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to staying home and getting some rest, tomorrow my plans include Opening Day of Baseball, Pancake Day and my studio's performances, Twinklestars Dance Clinic, and possibly a baseball game on Sat. night, and Sunday, I want to rest from Saturdays events!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
13 songs I am considering for Dance Competition.
1. A kiss to build a dream on- Louis Armstrong
2. A wink and a smile- Harry Connick Jr.
3. In the wee small hours of the morning- Frank Sinatra
4. Bye Bye Blackbird- Joe Cocker
5. Make Someone Happy- Jimmy Durante
6. As time goes by- Frank Sinatra
7. Over the Rainbow- IZ
8. You are my sunshine
9. Ballerina- Louis Armstrong
10. Bushell and a Peck-Guys and Dolls
11. Cruella deville- Selena Gomez
12. Sit down you're rocking the boat- Guys and Dolls
13. Centerfield- Jon Fogerty
I will need two songs. One tap, and one ballet or jazz. Small group dance. 5-7 yr olds. Would love opinions!
1. Dead and Gone-May 5th Sookie Stackhouse series- by Charlaine Harris- This is book 9! I can't wait for these. What else can not wait for. Season 2 of TRUEBLOOD! Its coming June 14th! Here is a little sneak..
2. Laurell K. Hamilton- Skin Trade This is book #17 in the Anita Blake Series. You have alot of catching up to do if you are just starting. 16 books you do not want to miss. June 2, 2009
Do it now, because you do not want to miss the new t.v. show being made about this incredible book series. Here is the link to tell you more about that! Press
3. Tempted- House of Night Series book 6 by P.C. + Kristin Cast--October 27 2009 This series is the best damn thing since Twilight! Get it and read you will not be dissapointed!
4. Finger Licking Fifteen- #15 in the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich- June 23 2009- Can not wait, I need a dose of Ranger. Here's hoping for some sexy scenes with him! Seriously!
5. An Echo in the Bone- Diana Gibaldon's 7th Novel in the Outlander Series. This series haunts me. I can not get Jamie and Claire out of my head. I am on book 4. I know I have my work cut out for me before the release of this one (September 22!) But hey give me a break, these books are over 1000 pages long. Not for the light reader! I get so sucked in to their world its hard to look up and out! I have still not forgot about that ring either. Laura, I think we should order ours. We should do it before the next in the series. If you want to know what I am talking about here is the link Claire's Ring
"DA MI BASIA MILLE"
Hate I am going to miss the book signing this year out in Phoenix. Laura, go! Tell me about it!
I also have this one on my list "Once a Runner". It looks great! Maybe I will go find it today. No vamps but my other true love.
Makes you want to curl up with a blanket and read, right?
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
1. Jimmy Buffett-Technically a singer but The Coral Reefer Band makes it legit!
2. The Beatles
3. The Rolling Stones
5. The Black Crowes
Thats it. I think if I really have to boil down, those are my five. I have some more lists in my head. Lists for everyting. Lists I refuse to write down. You can not live your life by lists. List your top 5 bands , books, or movies, hey there is even a list of top 5 cereals you eat on Facebook. Make a grocery list but don't write to do lists, because you will spend your life stressing over it. The important things will happen. So get your patchouli stink out of here and tell me your top 5!(Actually , I really like the patchouli smell, I just wanted to quote the movie)
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
3. When's the last time you've been sledding?
Too small to remember. I just know there is a picture somewhere of me and sis during some freak snow storm in Huntsville
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
Both are good. I love to have the bed to myself. But there is definetly something to be said for cuddling up with someone.
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
I believe there are things out there that are not explained
6. Do you consider yourself creative?
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
Jennifer , but all you have to do is say Lara Croft, and I would switch it so fast. You guys all know what I am talking about!
9. Can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics?
I could say SOMETHING but not really ANYTHING
10. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes, but it has been awhile
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
no, not sure I could. Maybe if I never was in a car. CARS make me sleep fast!
12. What's your favorite commercial?
Not sure, don't watch to many
13. Who was your first love?
14. If you're driving in the middle of the night, and no one is around you, do you run a red light?
no, I responsible sit there ....waiting
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
Excuse me, CHICAGO CUBS....its the only way
17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
Yes. Used to take lessons.
18. How often do you remember your dreams?
Not that often.
19. What's the one thing on your mind?
I wish I felt better!
20. Do you always wear your seat belt?
No I don't, I know flame away
21. What talent do you wish you had?
I wish I had the talent to play my grandfathers fiddle. He was truly a master
22. Do you like Sushi?
23. What do you wear to bed?
24. Do you truly hate anyone?
Hate is a strong word, but yeah that covers it
25. Do you believe in astrology?
Believe....thats to strong. I love it though. Its amusing.
26. Do you know anyone in jail?
27. What food do you find disgusting?
Onions, can not stand the smell, taste , or texture. Blech!
28. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their backs?
If I make fun of someone its to their face! And out of love
29. Have you ever been punched in the face?
30. Do you believe in angels and demons?
Here again. I believe there are things out there that can not be explained
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Spent yesterday morning dyeing eggs, cooking food and cleaning house for what seems to be the annual Easter cookout and Egg Hunt with friends. I love it! Love that I have been here long enough to start making traditions. Last year we did it at Beth's, this year mine, next Jess will host. We even joked about the same eggs we used last time. It was absolutely freezing though. But later in the afternoon the sun peeked through and we set out to hide about 150 eggs! The kids were pretty excited, although we had to give Ryley some rules. Anything from the waist up! I am just happy he still got into it! Sometimes I wonder "Is this the last year" that he will want to do this? It took all of them quite a while to find everything. In fact I am sure we will find some as time goes on. We just hid so many. Guess we should have counted! Afterwards, we watched the kids stuff their faces with candy. The fireballs and sour faces were a hit! Especially for Rye. The men failed miserably at creating a fire. It got cold and we all turned in!
I don't have anything planned for today. Thought about going to church, but I have been fighting a major sore throat, ear ache, and cold. So going to skip it, clean up the house, finish the laundry and prepare for the week. DH will be gone all week to military training so I got to be on top of things when I start the week. I don't need to feel overwhelmed, especially if this head cold stays with me!
Here are some pics of the day, check facebook for more!
Friday, April 10, 2009
2. Name one person who made you smile today: hmmmm..........did I smile today?
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? drinking a cup of coffee and on the computer
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? scanning pics to email to dad
5. What is your favorite candy bar? Mr. Goodbar
6. Have you ever been to a strip club? Yes, there is this really long story about meeting my husband there when he flew in from Afghanistan. We will save that one for another time!
7. What is the last thing you said aloud? Yeah, I believe its in there
8. What is your favorite ice cream? Chocolate
9. What was the last thing you had to drink? red wine
10, Do you like your wallet? Vera Bradley, love it
11, What was the last thing you ate? sun chips
12, Have you bought any new clothing items this week?yes, I went to Victoria Secret!
13, The last sporting event you watched? in person.....Cubs baseball game at Turner Field. But I did watch Cubs play a awful game today on tv.
14, What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? No flavor!!! Just throw M&M's on top!
15, Who is the last person you sent a text message to? That would require me to get up and get my phone
16, Ever go camping? Sure, its been awhile though
17, Do you take vitamins daily? I used to but have definetly gotten out of the habit!
18, Do you go to church every Sunday? No, I don't go to church at all
19, Do you have a tan? Yes, but need to go to the tanning bed, maybe tommorrow
20, Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza? Depends
21, Do you drink your soda with a straw? no
22, What did your last text message say? :) I could tell you , but then I would have to kill ya!
23, What are you doing tomorrow?Having a cookout and egg hunt with friends.
24, Where is 24?????
25, Look to your left, what do you see? boxes
26, What color is your watch? black
27, What do you think of when you hear Australia? Nemo
29, Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?drive thru
30. What is your favorite number?25
31. Who's the last person you talked to on the phone? My dad
32, Any plans today? nope, day is coming to a end
33, How many states have you lived in? 3
34, Biggest annoyance right now? Cubs baseball specifically Ryan Theriot
35 Last song listened to? 1,2,3,4 by the Plain white T's
36,Can you say the alphabet backwards? sure
37, Do you have a maid service clean your house? Hell no
38, Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? teva flip flops
39, Are you jealous of anyone? probably
40, Is anyone jealous of you? probably
41, Do you love anyone? Yes, I do!
42. Do any of your friends have children? yep
43, What do you usually do during the day? work out, spend time with friends, teach dance classes, talk on the phone(alot), drive in my car(alot), spend time with my kids, climb in bed exhausted!
44, Do you hate anyone that you know right now? Hate is such a strong word! But yeah it about covers it!
45, Do you use the word 'hello' daily? yes
46, What color is your car? black
47, Do you like cats? no! In fact I am not really a big animal person. Guess I am too selfish
48. Are you thinking about someone right now? Yes
49, Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes
50, How did you get your worst scar? By breaking my arm 3 times in a year and having reconstruction surgury on it!
I always forget to do this!
And...here we go!
1. Anonymous... really? Are you ever really anonymous?
2. Life is a bowl of cherries. Well maybe just the stem, and sometimes you tie the stem in a knot.
3. Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, for wise men say its the wisest course-William Shakespear.
4. Baseball is what I look forward to most about Spring.
5. Who needs therapy when your friends have a bottle of wine waiting for you.
6. Peeps! MUST go into the Easter Basket!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Cubs Baseball, tomorrow my plans include a cookout with friends and egg hunt and Sunday, I want to sleep in!
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
I should definetly say that Monday was CUBS BLUE! First game on the season, Check! I loved crawling up in the big chair with a blanket(its cold on the mountain) and watching my boys play. Ah......how I missed you. How I have waited all Fall and Winter for you. Another season another dream, wish and desire for a good year and hopefully a longer postseason. I not to sound too much like a cliche, "we are due!" Ah , Yes, and see you boys in Chi-town, this summer. I can't wait to see Wrigley with my kids!
Monday, April 06, 2009
1. STARTED YOUR OWN BLOG
2. SLEPT UNDER THE STARS
3. PLAYED IN A BAND does middle school band count?
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower-Yes out in the desert! Unbelievable
6. given more than you could to a charity.
7. BEEN TO DISNEYLAND Yes in 2005 with both the kids and DH. Met friends there and went to Disney California too!
8. CLIMBED A MOUNTAIN
9. HELD A PRAYING MANTIS
10. Sang a solo Lord help us
12. visited Paris- NOT YET
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea Yes! Gulf Shores last year
14. TAUGHT YOURSELF AN ART FROM SCRATCH
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables Yes! Especially Zucchini my favorite
19. Seen the Mona Lisa
20. Traveled by Train
21. HAD A PILLOW FIGHT
23. TAKEN A SICK DAY WHEN YOU'RE NOT ILL
24. BUILT A SNOW FORT
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a marathon- Working on it!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse (solar) Yes, here again in Phoenix. We were all swimming in the pool waiting for it
30. WATCHED A SUNRISE OR SUNSET
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise -
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors- hmm, not sure about this one. We were Cherokee so Im thinking yeah
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person(I was close dang it!)
39. Gone rock climbing
40. SEEN MICHELANGELO'S DAVID
41. SUNG KARAOKE -
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt -
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. WALKED ON A BEACH BY MOONLIGHT
46. Been transported in an ambulance -
47. HAD YOUR PORTRAIT PAINTED
48. GONE DEEP SEA FISHING
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person YES! AMAZING
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. PLAYED IN THE MUD
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. STARTED A BUSINESS
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen -
61. SOLD GIRL SCOUT COOKIES
62. Gone whale watching
63. GOT FLOWERS FOR NO REASON
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. BOUNCED A CHECK -
68. FLOWN IN A HELICOPTER
69. SAVED A FAVORITE CHILDHOOD TOY
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. EATEN CAVIER -
72. Pieced a quilt
73. STOOD IN TIMES SQUARE-In 3 weeks!!!
74. Toured the Everglades -
75. BEEN FIRED FROM A JOB
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in LondonGot my picture too!
77. Broken a bone too many
78. BEEN ON A SPEEDING MOTORCYCLE
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person -a thousand times!
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican Even got blessed by the Pope
82. BOUGHT A BRAND NEW CAR
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. HAD YOUR PICTURE IN THE NEWSPAPER
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chicken pox -
89. Saved someone's life Found a lady I worked with having a seziure and going unconsious under a car at my work. And a few times while I was a lifeguard.
90. Sat on a jury
91. MET SOMEONE FAMOUS Miss Diana Ross
92. Joined a book club
93. LOST A LOVED ONE -
94. HAD A BABY -
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit -
98. OWNED A CELL PHONE -
99. BEEN STUNG BY A BEE -allergic too!
100. READ AN ENTIRE BOOK IN ONE DAY - I do this all the time!
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Enough about all that. I spent the evening with the kids and Misti. We ate at Pizza Hut and took the kids skating. I can promise there is nothing that will make you feel older than lacing up a pair of skates. I can remember breezing around the rink front, side, and backwards as a child. When did that ability disappear? The kids did great though. After K pulled me around and knocked me down a few times, she decided to do it on her own. Thank goodness. I loved watching Rye though. He had a few friends there and they all had fun skating or falling down. His girlfriend was there too, or so I was informed (insert googly eyes). Are you kidding me, its second grade! No, not happening for another few years. They were pretty cute rolling around the rink though. He even introduced her, Props son! So my thats my Friday in Revue! I am off to a much needed baseball practice(after all the rain cancellations). Afterwards I will clean the old house some more and head out to do stadiums with Misti and the kids. DH is still out of town for drill. So I am enjoying this laid back weekend!