Wednesday, January 30, 2008
1. What is your occupation? stay at home
2. What color are your socks right now? bare feet3. What are you listening to right now? hannah montana
4. What was the last thing that you ate? blackened fish and green beans
5. Can you drive a stick shift? yep7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? jess
8.. Do you like the person who sent this to you? yep!9. How old are you today? 28
10. Favorite drink? beringer
11. Favorite sport to watch? Baseball
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yep13. Pets? not currently
14. Favorite food? italian15. Last movie you watched? The wedding singer16. Favorite Day of the year? oct. 31
17. What do you do to vent anger? get really pissed off and spout off to my friends! They are good and let me vent!
18. What was your favorite toy as a child? my little pony19. What is your favorite, fall or spring? Definitely fall20. Hugs or kisses? KISSES
21. Cherry or Blueberry? cherry
22. Do you want your friends to email you back? sure23. Who is most likely to respond? ?24. Who is least likely to respond? ?
25. Living arrangements? an apartment, just me and the kids
26. When was the last time you cried? ? 27. The friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? krysten
28. The friend you have had the shortest that you are sending it to?laura29. Favorite smell? salt water30. Favorite sound? the ocean waves crashing31. What inspires you? getting out there and trying new things. Doing the things I have always thought about and trying them
32. What are you most afraid of? I am afraid of life passing my by and not doing the things that I want to do
33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? spicy
34. Favorite car? currently an XTerra, but any truck will do
35. Number of keys on your key ring? 5
36. How many years at your current job? To long :)
37. Favorite day of the week? Saturday
38. WHO WERE YOU NAMED AFTER? A Louis Lamour Book
39. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING. sure
40. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Turkey41. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 2
42. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? sure, I am fun! :)43. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? yes, see question 42
44. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yep
45. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? oh yeah!!!!!!!
46. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Lucky charms47. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? no, but I should
48. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I am realizing I am!
49. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? cookies and cream or ben and jerry's One Sweet Whirled
50. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their body type, jaw lines(I know I am weird) , smile
51. RED OR PINK? both
52. WHAT IS Your LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOU? I don't give myself enough credit.
53. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? DH has been gone a long time
54. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? no shoes, and black exercise pants
55. Do you exercise? Everyday!
56. HAIR COLOR? brown for now
58. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? nope, perfect vision
59. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? happy endings
60. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer61. FAVORITE DESSERT? I love Tiramisu ! good answer Kylene
62. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? The Harequin by Laurell K Hamilton
63. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? plain black64. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? part of the Biggest Loser
65. Favorite Singer? Jimmy Buffett
66. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Mexico?67. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Lots of them
68. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Huntsville, AL69. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? everyone's
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
e-mail and paste it onto anew e-mail that you'll send. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends, that you might not have known.
1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:40 am
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I am legend
4. What is your favourite TV show? Uh, I repeat Laura........MOONLIGHT.....Is there any other show!!!
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Powerbar, coffee, water bottle
6. What is your middle name? Anne
7. What food do you dislike? onions
8. What is your favourite CD at the moment? jon mclaughlin
9. What kind of car do you drive? Toyota Corolla
10. What is your favourite sandwich? Quiznos, classic club with bacon....yum
11. Favourite item of clothing? cute panties
12. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation,
where would you go? Italy.....yep already bought the tickets
13. What color is your bathroom? boring white
14. Favourite brand of clothing? no favs, just has to look good
15. To where would you retire? The beach, maybe a island
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? hmm, fav birthday.....is it sad I can not think of one?
17. Favourite sport to watch? Baseball
18. Farthest place you are sending this to? Afghanistan
19. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Chris
20. Person you expect to send it back first? Kylene
21. Favourite saying: Nummmy.......Instead of yummy....HaHa
22. When is your Birthday? August 25th
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I used to be a night person, but this year , I have definetly become a morning person
24. What is your shoe size? Ahhhh 9.5
25. Do you have a pet? A cat MIA who is now living at my parents, but I am getting a dog next month
26. What did you want to be when you were little? a marine biologist
27. What is your favourite candy? Mr. Goodbar if we are talking chocolate bar.....but lately I have been addicted to lifesavers!
28. What is your favourite flower? white daisys
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking
forward to? November 8th is the set date to leave for Italy! But I am looking forward to some dates in March and April
30. What is your full name?Bryonny Anne Robbins
31. What are you listening to now? The rain
32. What was the last thing you ate? Ice cream cone from MCD's
33. What is the weather right now? raining
34. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes!
35. Favourite soft drink? diet mtn. dew
36. Favourite restaurant? This little bar and grill on Treasure Island in Tampa , FL
37. Siblings? 1 sister
38. Favourite day of the year? October 31
39. Favourite toy as a child? care bears, my little ponies
40. Summer or winter? Summer
41. Hugs or kisses? kisses
42. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
43. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes
44. When was the last time you cried? When Jess was telling me some of the songs for her wedding and the reasons behind it......I kinda teared up.....yeah, I know so not like me!!!
45. What is under your bed? some boxes
46. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Stacey, ever since I met her in the bathroom in 6th grade....
47. What did you do last night? Passes out watching a movie after going to MCD's with Jess and Ben.
48. Favourite smell? Citrus
49. Plain, buttered, or salted Popcorn? Plain!
50. How many years at your current job? What job?
51. Favourite day of the week? Saturday
52. How many towns have you lived in? 9-10 easily!!
53. What is your pet peeve? Hallelujia Laura! one up people.........move on!!!!!!!
Monday, January 28, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Oh yeah, and I have kept up with the LOAD Challenge. It has been a struggle this week but I did it. I have another card for the deck of me challenge to do as well. I will get some uploaded later.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Kendal is so brave. We went shopping today with Jess and Emma. Emma has her ears pierced. Well this intrigued K, who constantly goes around with clipons. I will admit I secretly want her ears pierced but would always want it to be her choice. Well we walked into Claires to get some bows, she saw the earings and asked me to get them done. She was determined, even after I told her it would sting or hurt a little. She made it through the first ear, Eyes got real big, but not one drop fell! Second one......She let it all out for about a minute. Them she was so proud. She showed them to everyone! She is still very happy, I am not sure how happy I will be with all the cleanings, but it will be easy I hope! Oh did I mention she picked the most expensive ones out. So my child!
Sunday, January 13, 2008
2. My workouts.....I ate great all week, staying on the diet and worked out faithfully every day!
3. I had friday night to myself without the kids. I just stayed home watched my Moonlight and scrapping and that was a great break.
4. Got my new phone, so I am not going around with my headphones on.
5. Moonlight(I can't forget this)
6. Laughing on the phone with Laura over you tubes!
Here is a pic I took yesterday as well. I am still taking them almost everyday , just not uploading them as much! I am really enjoying altering pics. I spend way to much time with this.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
out like mad and taking spinning in the afternoons. This is the first full week for both kids and it has taken its toll on me. One thing that did get done this week was the booking of my Italy Trip. I am so stinking excited about this! Going with hubby and sister and brother in law. Trip is in November for 10 days. I have never been overseas. My one place to ever visit overseas is Italy. Of course there are so many other places but if I only get to go once, I wanted it to be Italy. So this is very special, not to mention one of my "things to do before 30".
Other things happening this week......New episode of Grey's Anatomy, and Friday night is a new episode of Moonlight. I can not wait!!
Also I have a friend getting married in a few weeks so I have been trying to plan a "slumber" party for her. Its going to be really fun and a good friend /consultant is going to come over and do the party for us. I am looking forward to a night out with friends. Now to ask the parents to watch my kids. ugh! NOt fun. Same friend is having a bridal shower this weekend so I have got to ask them for this Sat. too. I was really doing a good job at staying away from my parents house. I mean I take my clothes to the laundry mat, pick up my mail once a week, etc. Oh well, it will just be one afternoon.
One thing I have totally slacked off with this week is my picture a day, unless you count taking a pic of my layout. So those will have to do. I need to get more in the habit of taking my camera everywhere. I will get back into this though! I will!
Oh and picked up another scrapbooking challenge. Deck of Me challenge. 52 cards, 52 weeks , one a week. Topic are being posted weekly. I think this will be fun, and its just for me. I will do it on the weekend. I will post some soon!
Sunday, January 06, 2008
K.K. taking a picture. Verdict is still out on this kid camera. How the heck do I get the pics on the computer? EVery time I try to upload it says there are no pics! One day I will figure it out. Like every other electronic in my house.....If I only had time to read the manual that go with them. We all cleaned the house today really really good. Then the kids played Wii while I scrapbooked. I like the Wii, except I am not liking my son's atitude when he does not get to play it. I believe that until I can work on a reward system for it. It will be restricted for the weekends. End of story! I am tired of fighting over it. With school back in session for everyone this week(yeah!) then there will be even less time for it during the week. I actually think that this will be a fun family system once Chris gets home. Right now, I can not get into it to much. It takes to long for them to talk about how to play and what is going on. Rye is constantly calling me into the room to read the screen. NO thanks!
Well January 6th the dreaded 1 year mark came and went. And now it is just getting through the next few months and this will all be over. Tommorrow is back to the gym. I only have 3 months to look really good for the return!!!!
I will end this week with my weekly blog challenge.
What made me happy this week:
- Moonlight tshirts from my friend Laura
- A box of books and a writing challenge from my friend Kylene(We had challenged each other to write things in each other we liked) It was a great gift to get hers in writing(I had sent an email!)
- The knowledge that I have great friends that interest , challenge , and love me!
- A year down, and the excitement of this deployment being almost over!
- Challenging myself to do layouts everyday.
- Scrapbooking on QVC-definetly makes me happy!
Here is Sat. and Sun. layouts for the Load Challenge. It is great to fit a little bit of scrapbooking in every day. Even if it is just the one layout, its something. But I was able to get more than this done over the weekend. I am crusin through this album. Very exciting because in case you can't tell its an older year. I am going to get all caught up this year on older years!
So far I have done 16 pages in 2008.
Saturday, January 05, 2008
I will talk about the emotions of the night before though. How do you say goodbye? How do you squeeze all the hugs and kisses into a night and know that it will be so long before you can do it again? How do make sure you say all the things that are in your head? How do you memorize a person, and hope it is enough? I don't have answers to these questions, I just know that you do the best you can, and that is will never be enough. There is no way it can ever be enough. So I sit here tonight and let those emotions flood over me, and I realize how far I have come. No one can ever get used to this life. It will never get easier. Being away from the person that makes you whole for years at a time will never be normal. But I do not want another life. Being married to Chris is the best thing that ever happened to me. And I will take what I can get. I will wait for him. I will make the most of the time we are together. I will smother him with hugs,kisses, and "I love you's" whenever I can. No it will never be enough but I will just continue to do the best that I can.
Friday, January 04, 2008
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Picture a day for a year seems so overwhelming! But I have been reading blogs of people doing just that. Well I am going to try it and go for as long as I can! I woke up today panicked though because I didnt take one yesterday on the first day of the year. Well except for the layout page. But I did, I did! I took one with my phone at the Cracker Barrell. This is K, playing checkers with Bubba. Our table was right up against it so I enjoyed my coffe and they played, well until Rye got mad because K was not playing right. Oh Well!
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
1. Road Trip- January- Now if you were on this trip you would be shaking your head at me for adding this as a Highlight, but it was. For a few reasons. First of all 2 great friends came out and held my hand as the soldiers , my husband included, left for deployment. We all loaded into my little Corolla and drove across the country. It was rough! We fought, disagreed, and generally argued about everything. We got no sleep and ran on nothing but caffeine. But you know what it was a hell of a ride! We stoped where we wanted to stop, we even went to San Antonio (which was a major adventure) and took a picture at each state sign. I would totally do it again. Crazy as it was, I can look back at it now with a big cheesy grin and say yeah, that was fun.
2. Seeing my kids for the first time. The kids left for Alabama with the grandparents on Dec. 26th, So I did not see them until January 10th. That was the longest I had ever gone without my babies. And I loved walking in to that house and seeing my son. It was late but he stayed up and waited for me. Later I crawled in bed with my baby girl and snuggled up to her. She woke up the next morning and could not believe I was there. That was a major hightlight!
3. Being close to Ft. Bragg, okay not exactly close , about 7 hours. But, close enough that I got to see Chris more than I would if I had been in AZ. I got a call from him one day and he asked me to drive up. He snuck off the base for 6 glorious hours and it was heaven. I will not add details but it was the best feeling in the world to see his face after 3 months!
4. North Carolina Trip- A few weeks later we all got to go to Ft. Bragg and see Chris before they flew out to Afghanistan. It was heart wrenching but we made the most of it. We visited the outer banks and explored lighthouses. It was a wonderful time and I truly enjoyed it.
5. Not 24 hours after leaving Chris with the kids crying our eyes out , I got a call from him. Come back he said, I have another week of R and R. Things got postponed and viola we got another 5 days with him. I went by myself this time because the kids were in school. 5 days in a hotel with the man of my dreams ......Highlight!
And I thought of some more!
-Finding out I was stronger than I believed
-Getting a new apt., and moving out of mom and dad's
-Finishing a 10k
So here are the Low points of this year
1. Obviously , Chris leaving. January 6th was an awful day. Standing there for hours saying goodbye. It about killed me. The same goes for each time we said goodbye at Ft. Bragg. 3 different times!
2. Chris called from Bangor , Maine right before his plane left the country. I never felt so alone in that moment. I did not think I would survive it. I think I physically felt him leave the country. Until I heard his voice again, I am not sure I breathed.
3. Communication has sucked this year! It took weeks for email /phones. And it is still not great.
4. Our relationship nearly fell apart. Enough said. This is between him and I , I will just say that neither one of us handled this first deployment well and we pulled away from each other instead of trying to come together. Chris and I have never handled time away from each other well and as the months went on we both fell into alot of depression.
5. You can never go home! It can not be done. Nothing like feeling like a teenager again living with the parents, oh yeah but this time with kids! Ahhhhhh!
6. Last but not least. Realizing that family will not always be there for you. That you can not depend on a whole lot of people in this world. I could expand on this but I am working toward releasing my anger instead of mulling around in it. My main goal is just removing myself from the situations that cause the anger.