Monday, December 29, 2008
Don't you just love him. I just want to get up and dance. Thank you Sis, and LoLo. Oh and if you are wondering what the Butterfly Lounge is......all you got to do is google. Or so I am told. Here is more. Maybe it does not take much to entertain me....then again.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
What was your status by Valentines Day?still married
Were you in school anytime this year?Just to teach the danceline
Did you have to go to the hospital?yes, several times with my son and a few times for me
Did you have any encounters with the police?yes, one wreck, few almost tickets, one dog report
Where did you go on vacation?Italy, P.C. Beach, Gulf Shores....I am sure there are more
What did you purchase that was over 100?Italy, need I say more
Did you know anybody who got married?yes
Did you know anybody who passed away?yes
Did you move anywhere?yes
What sporting events did you attend?Cubs Game/Atlanta, Chattanooga Lookouts
What concerts/shows did you go to?I saw Andrea Bocelli live in Rome
Describe your birthday:Nothing much happening, had a small get together
What is the one thing you thought you would not do, but did, in 2008?I am sure there are lots! Move to Alabama, Go overseas, Become a dance teacher
What are some of your favorite moments?Being with friends, Teaching the Danceline, Teaching at the studio, running races, Italy
Any new additions to your family?dog-Mac, Cat-Bella
What was your best month?November-Italy
Who has been your best drinking buddy?Have not really drank alot this year, but when I did it was usually with Beth or Misti
Made new friends?yes
Favorite Nights out?Any night in Italy
Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?on the football field, or in the dance studio, running
Have you lost any friends this year?No thank goodness
Change your hairstyle?nope, just color
Have any car accidents?yes
How old did you turn this year?29
Do you have a New Years resolution?not really
Do anything embarrassing? I'm sure
Buy anything new from eBay?
Get married or divorced?no
Did you get sick this year?Not a whole lot
Are you happy to see 2008 go?yes
Been naughty or nice?definetly naughty
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Things I learned in 2008:
1. I really do like living in Alabama, despite what I always thought
2. I am actually able to live by myself, taking care of kids, house etc. No husband needed! (of course he did come back, which we are all thankful for)
3. I like working again, I like to really be busy. And I am totally capable of putting my talents to good use. Such as becoming a dance teacher , and danceline coach for the high school. ( All of these things I absolutely did not blog about)
4. Friends are God's way of apologizing for your family(This is not an original quote, but hey it works for me)
5. It pays to know people in a small town(long story, including a dog, my xterra, and the police all of which I doubt I will blog about)
6. Oh yeah, People in a small town really do know everything about everyone in it. And they know when you do not go to church.......
7. Old houses are great except when they are not. Like when all the furniture leans away from the wall.
8. I am really not a animal person. Despite getting a dog and a cat this year.
9. You should always carry your phone and perhaps pepper spray whenever you run.
10. Not everyone online is an axe murderer and first impressions of people online are usually wrong. I am not a snob Beth! And yes Holly I am pretty funny........
11. Facebook is cool
12. Band Competitions are cool.
13. Vampires are sexy.
14. Twilight is the new Harry Potter
15. Purple is the new pink.
16. I would really be fine going to Europe by myself, especially if you seem to be the only one enjoying it!
17. Rabies shots suck
18. I still enjoy running and it is better to have a running partner
19. I prefer teaching teenagers to preschoolers!
20. Its hard for me to get into books that lack Vampires, or tv for that matter
21. I don't really care about football.
22. The Cubs really do make bad decisions, but I still keep coming back for more. (so would that be something I didnt learn?)
23. Good friends are still good friends no matter the distance or time
24. I hate laundry , but apparently my husband likes it
25. Life is what it is.....there is stuff that needs to change, but until we step up and change it, it will not happen. NO one can change your life for you. Move on, get over it, or change it.
I am sure there are more. And there is alot more I need to add to my blog while I am here updating. But this is enough for now.
Oh also, I am adding a "Blogging without Obligation" logo to my blog. It releases me from anymore apology posts about why I have not blogged in awhile. I feel the stress slipping away already!
Sunday, June 08, 2008
1.EVER BEEN GIVEN AN ENGAGEMENT Ring?No I have not
2.LONGEST RELATIONSHIP?about 10.5 years
3.LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED? hmmmm......
4.EVER DROPPED A CELL PHONE?bark, bark, baxter is that you?
5.WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT?Friday(shut up)
6.THING(S) YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON?groceries!
7.LAST FOOD YOU ATE?honey nut cheerios(I made popcorn but dork ate it all!)
8.FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?body, eyes, age, voice, attitude, what was the question?
9.ONE FAVORITE SONG? Can't you see-The Marshall Tucker Band
10.WHERE DO YOU LIVE?The FP(that would be Fort Payne, AL)
11.HIGH SCHOOL YOU ATTENDED: Shadow Mountain in Phoenix and Decatur High
12.CELL PHONE SERVICE PROVIDER: T-Suck! Mobile
13.FAVORITE MALL STORE:The candy store
14.LONGEST JOB YOU HAD? I could tell you the shortest job I have had
15.DO YOU OWN A PAIR OF DICE?Yes,big fuzzy ones I hang from my car mirror
16.DO YOU PRANK CALL PEOPLE?:uh no
17.LAST WEDDING YOU ATTENDED:Pam's
18.FIRST FRIEND YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY: Probably my sister
19.LAST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BEST FRIEND:yesterday
20.FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT:hmm......sonic?
21.BIGGEST LIE YOU HAVE EVER HEARD: see #15
23.WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WITH FRIENDS? Chipotle with Lolo
24.CAN YOU COOK?oh yeah! Now ask me if I want to.
25.WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE?:XTerra
26.BEST KISSER: You know who you are
27.LAST TIME YOU CRIED?: ???????????
28.MOST DISLIKED FOODS:onions, peppers
29.THING YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF: I always end up stronger than I think I am. I go after what I want, I enjoy the ride, I like to have fun! I stand up for what I believe in, and I refuse to let people walk all over me and tell me what I am going to do!
30.THING YOU DISLIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF: I hate how my head tries to organize everything, How sometimes I have to have to be in control and have things just so.
32.LONGEST SHIFT YOU HAVE WORKED AT A JOB?:12 hours
33.FAVORITE MOVIE? Pride and Prejudice
34.CAN YOU SING? like a bird
35.LAST CONCERT ATTENDED?Jimmy Buffett
36.LAST KISS?my kids goodnight
37.LAST MOVIE RENTED:Juno
38.ONE THING YOU NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT:my bra, believe me I a have tried , its not pretty
39.FAVORITE vacation spot: Any beach!
43.LAPTOP OR DESKTOP COMPUTER?:Desktop
44.FAVORITE COMEDIAN? :
45.DO YOU SMOKE?No
46.SLEEP WITH OR WITHOUT CLOTHES?mostly without
48.DO LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS WORK?:I don't know, sometimes
49.HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN PULLED OVER BY THE POLICE? enough
50.PANCAKES OR FRENCH TOAST? french toast
51.DO YOU LIKE COFFEE?:Yes
52 HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS?egg whites only scrambled with salt and pepper
53.DO YOU BELIEVE IN ASTROLOGY?: Yes...you got to believe in something
54.LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?: Dad
55.LAST PERSON ON YOUR MISSED CALL LIST?:Dad
56.WHAT WAS THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECIEVED?:ARe you at home, we are swimming
58.NUMBER OF PILLOWS?:2 and a body pillow
59.WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?:tank and shorts
60.PICK A LYRIC, ANY LYRIC: You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day.Lord, you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way,Turn your love my way, yeah.
61.WHAT KIND OF JELLY DO YOU LIKE ON YOUR PB & J?:I am addicted to goober strawberry
62.CAN YOU PLAY POOL?:Yes
63.CAN YOU SWIM?Yes
64.FAVORITE ICE CREAM?ARe we talking basics here, than chocolate
65.DO YOU LIKE MAPS? Yes actually
6.TELL ME A RANDOM FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: I have a major sweet tooth!
68.EVER ATTEND A THEME PARTY?: yes
69.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?FALL, all though I am loving some summer right now
70.LAST TIME YOU LAUGHED AT SOMETHING STUPID?Everyday
71.WHAT TIME DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING ?about 9 when the phone rang.
72.BEST THING ABOUT WINTER?: snow
73.LAST TIME A COP GAVE YOU A TICKET?:over 10 years
75.NAME OF YOUR FIRST PET?:Katie, she was part german shepard part st. benard
76.DO YOU THINK PIRATES ARE COOL OR OVERRATED?:ARRRHHHHH
77.WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND??Swim meet, run,
.78.BIRTHDATE? August 25th
79.WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE:All that I can be
80-84.---Could not have been that important
85.ARE YOU ON A LAPTOP?:Nope
86- not import either
87.ARE YOU SMILING?:nope(I am wondering what happened to the missing questions
89.Do you miss someone right now?Yes, questions 80 -84 and also 88
90.IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD YOU GO?Half Moon Bay, CA
92.ARE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL?:no
93.DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?:Yes, I can name a few vampires(oh but you said crush)
94.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NAME?This is a stupid question
95.WHAT COLOR IS YOUR BATHING SUIT?:which one?
96.DOES YOUR SCHOOL START IN AUGUST?:my kids do
97.DID YOU GO ON VACATION LAST MONTH?:no
98.HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A CRUISE?:no
99.DO YOU HAVE A SISTERyes
100.ARE YOU UPSTAIRS?:yes
101.ARE YOU IN LOVE?:yes
102.HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL?yes
103.DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SEE ANYONE PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW?hell yes
104.WHAT JEWELRY ARE YOU WEARING?my tongue ring
105.WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO AFTER THIS SURVEY?I am so going to bed, its cool now
April came and went, see the last time I posted. May came and with it more adjusting. DH and I have been up and down, right now things are good but sometimes I think we are just trying to not piss each other off. So we smile and nod and keep on trucking. At the beginning of May my good friend Kylene graduated college. DH and I went down to good ole Sweetwater, AL to celebrate with her. We had a great time. I watched my DH get completely drunk and dance with Ky for about 3 hours to some great southern rock. It was fabulous!!!! But seriously I was so proud of her and hope to follow in her foot steps. Another week later Beth had her baby. Baby Owen was born a couple weeks early but he is health and super cute. Yet!!! I do not have baby fever and feel quite fine kissing and hugging on all my friends kids and giving them back when I am through! In fact so much DH is going to get that permanently taken care of(ah hem) next week! Okay next....We had the dance recital. It was exhausting but went off great. The kids did good. I got to direct back stage(they even let me play with walkie talkies) and I did not even fall on my face clogging. All was good. We have had two weeks off from dance but summer classes start back Tuesday. Yeah, I get to teach!! Okay after that the kids got out of school so we had all the end of school programs. Ryley managed to get voted class fav again plus he made A honor roll(insert parental pat on the back here....kidding), and top reader. Memorial weekend DH and I spent two days fishing, hiking, slip and sliding, cooking out, making inadequate bon fires, nearly blowing ourselves up while doing so, and smores making...... etc. with the kids at mom and dads. Then we went to Pam's and cooked out and went swimming. Stacey, Phillip, Brian, and Jennifer were all there. That was the first time they all got to see Chris so it was exciting. The next day, Memorial Day, Chris and I ran the Cotton Row Run in Huntsville. A little tired from a previous day in the sun we started out rough. But I managed to shave almost 12 minutes off my time from last year. Are finish time was 1 hr 6 minutes. Chris could have busted it out and done well but he decided to stay with me even when I had to fight not to puke on the side of the mountain......but hey if you are not puking you are not running fast enough right??? Any way it was great fun and I am pumped and ready to rev up my running for summer and find some more races. Beth may even do a Couch to 5k training with me. Okay any way that finishes off May. We continued on with Baseball season mostly being rained out. Oh well. Before that could even end we started up swim team. Let me just say that.......I really got in over my head with this. Practice every day and meets too. Not to mention all the dance classes we all are doing and teaching. Well we will not be able to complain about being bored this summer! The kids did a week of VBS, and Kendal is going back for more tommorrow. (Its overkill in my opinion but hey I am not going to hold her back). Up next K has swim lessons and oh if we are not busy enough, I stupidly paid for Soccer camp for Ryley.....so he is going! We did manage to get away last night though. We went to Decatur and met up with Stacey, Phillip, Brian , and Jen, (Pam-but she left after 5 minutes). Rolling in the Hay was playing. It was like old times. But we were just the old ones. I think we were the people that go to the concert of the bands we listened to way back when. You know what I mean? Don't get me wrong , it was great, but just not the same. So content but a little dissapointed we drove home with our belly's full of 2am waffle house. Hmm....may have to rethink that one again too. Good times, good times.
Does that catch me up? I hope so. I would even add pics but it would take to long and I am tired. So go look at myspace or facebook if you want to see more. Which I promise to add links too. Also I am adding a link to Stacey's blog. Look left--------->
So that feels good , I updated all my "sites" , and here it is almost eleven pm. I should be sleeping but the air condition managed to go out.......again. Damn , cheap, apartments. I am sitting here with my feet up, back door open, and I hope to sucessfully piss off the new people living downstairs. So since it is a hot, humid, southern night.....here is a little southern rock, mixed with some just darn good 70's music. I also added a little Mamas and the Papas (because I am missing me some west side right now......cheers Tave-o and Lolo), and for those who have not been enlightened. Miracle ticket is on top....from Rolling in the Hay! Enjoy!!
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Oh and here is a survey
1) If you got married would you keep your last name or take theirs? Well I have been married for 8 years and I only recently took his.....but just on my SS card. I really have no explanation for this. Lazy?
2) What did you do this afternoon? took a nap
3) When do you plan on having kids or your next kid? I am done, stick a fork in me!
4) Do you know a secret about your last ex that would embarrass them? I don't remember anything too embarrassing
5) Can you take a bra off with one hand? I am sure I could if I tried, but why....isnt that their job?
6) Can you use chopsticks? Its been a while
7) How old were you when you lost your first tooth? UH....how old are the people making up these surveys? Who remembers these things?
8) Were you a hyper or mellow kid? hyper.....I think I still am
9) Why did you throw up last? When I stupidly drank to much!
10) Last time you were drunk? Went to Archies with Jess, drinks kept appearing in my hand
11) What's for dinner? salad, salmon, shrimp
12) Ever been to the Statue of Liberty?nope
13) Voting for Hilary? Hell no, No one should get to be in office that many terms!
14) How many e-mail addresses do you have? 1
15) Do you HAVE to have brand name stuff? No, but I guess it matters what STUFF we are talking about
16) Last time you washed your hair?this morning
17) Who will you be sleeping with tonight? maybe by myself on the couch
18) Do you like Oreos? sure with milk
19) Do you send out Thank-You cards? depends
20) Can you ice skate? I used to be able to
21) Do you have a brother?no
22) Do you know how to change a diaper? Apparently I have forgotten
23) Do you flip people off while driving?not unless they deserve it
24) What color is your car?black
25) Would you take a bullet for anyone?
26) Do you keep a planner?yes, but I try not to use it to much...I don't want that much organization in my life.
27) Who's your favorite American Idol judge? Paula.....its just fun to watch how intoxicated she gets by the end of the show
28) Do you like to grocery shop? I can think of other things to do
29) What kind of mood are you in? feeling fine
30) Last time you cleaned? cleaned what?
31) Did you get an Easter basket? This year....nope
32) What pills do you take daily? No pills, just vitamins
34) Do you do your own laundry?most of the time
35) Do you go tanning?yes
36) Has someone close to you passed away this year?no
37) Baths or showers?both
38) Do you take out the trash?Yes
39) Are you getting engaged any time soon? Well that would create some issues...don't you think?
40) What's the best part about being single? No one to answer too.........
41) Paper or Plastic? For what?
42) Do you watch "The Hills"?no
43) Last CD you played? Rhianna
44) What did you do last Saturday night? Sat around the pool at the inlaws.....it was a really wild night
45) Which one of your friends is going to have the cutest baby?most of my friends already have babies and theya re all cute!(I will just keep this answer)
47) What is the theme of your bedroom?Theme! I am supposed to have a Theme? WTH! I knew I was missing something.
48) Wearing any bracelets? nope
49) Last thing someone bought for you? A Xterra!
50) What are you going to do now? press the publish post button
Thursday, March 27, 2008
There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept,
Things we don't want to know but have to learn,
and people we can't live without but have to let go. ~Author Unknown
And don't you just want to escape sometimes..........which reminds me of a blog challenge I never did. "Where do you go (mentally) to escape the day to day?, Whats your mental vacation?" Well I am the type of person who definetly likes to escape. I need quiet. I need nature. I need to hear my own heart beat. I have always been the type of person who would get up and go on a moments notice. Fly by the seat my pants, up for anything! Friend calls in the middle of the night...."hey lets go to the beach" Sure! I miss this spontainity! Before I had kids I could just get and the car and go. Oh and the stories I could tell! UCLA, Spring Break, Lake Havasu, thats all I am saying! Anyway! There has to be other ways now that grabbing my keys and going take a little more planning. Running definetly clears my head, but some days its not possible. Like today. R had surgery today, K screamed and threw a fit and would not go to school, and DH is in the air as we speak flying back to the US. And all I want to do is run away. I am so exhausted. Mentally, Physically, Emotionally. And the only place I can think to be is where I can hear waves crashing, smell salt in the air, feel grains of sands under my feet. I need a beach fix. So bad. So I guess that is where I go for my Mental Vacation.....back to the beach.......reminds me of a some lyrics from one of my favorite Jimmy Buffett song.......
I want to go back to the island,
Where the shrimp boats tie up to the pilin'.
Give me oysters and beer for dinner every day of the year,
And I'll feel fine, I'll feel fine.
'Cause I want to be there,
I want to go back down and lie beside the sea there.
With a tin cup for a chalice
Fill it up with good red wine,
And I'm-a chewin' on a honeysuckle vine.
Yeah, now the sun goes slidin' 'cross the water;
Sailboats, they go searchin' for the breeze.
Salt air it ain't thin,It can stick right to your skin,
And make you feel fine.It makes you feel fine
Yes, and now you heard my strange proposal;
Get that Packard up and let's move.
I want to be there before the dayTries to steal away and leave us behind;
I've made up my mind;
and here is a pic I took about a year ago.
So for now, I will look at pictures, listen to my JB albums and plan my next beach trip. But soon, very soon, I am just going to grab my keys and go! I mean a mental vacation can only hold you for so long!!!!!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Who were your last 3 texts from?Jess, Beth, Chris
Where was your default picture taken? In my apartment
Your current relationship status? alone......
What is your current mood?very tired
What color shirt are you wearing?pink
Who has the ability to hurt you most? people I care about
If you could go back in time and change something, would you? I could say yes, but every thing you go through makes you who you are.
Where was the last place, out of town, that you went to?Huntsville
Something you like a lot? sex
Do you have a fondness for gnomes? Only ones that are hidden in the woods with clues
Who can you tell EVERYTHING to? A few friends
When was the last time you cried? Its been awhile
Where are you right now? in my apartment
If you could have one super power what would it be?Let me fly!
what is your fav color?Blue
What is one thing that annoys you on TV? Shows like the Bachelor
Do you still like kiddy movies? Not really , but I sit through them
What are you eating or drinking at the moment? Smartwater
Do you speak any other language? not so much, but I am trying to learn some Italian
What's your favorite smell?The beach, saltwater
Describe your life in one word? Complicated
Have any tattoos?yes
What are you looking forward to the most? Having someone to share the day to day stuff
What are you thinking about right now?crawling in bed
What should you be doing right now?crawling in bed
Who was the last person that made you upset/angry?myself
What are you listening to?the fan
Do you like working in the yard?love it
Do you act differently around the person you like? I think we all try to be the best version of ourselves around the people we like.
What is your natural hair color?Brown/blonde(can't remember)
What's your favorite place in the world? sitting in the sand , toes getting wet, and the sun setting. And yes it could be any beach
What is the holiday closest to your b-day?Labor Day
What is your dream car? I really just want that XTerra already!
Has anyone sang or played for you personally?I don't think so
Have you broken a bone or had stitches? too many to count
Anyone on your mind right now?Yes
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Oh and for your entertainment, Here is a survey. Because thats what you do while drinking coffee and the Webkinz website does not seem to work this early either............What do they not think adults play?
1. Are you younger than 29? Yes, for a few more months
2. Ever kissed anyone with a name starting with J? I am sure I have, but no names come to mind
3. How many swim suits do you own? Maybe 3
4. Do you like the color green?Blue is better , but green is okay
5. What things would you NOT tolerate in a relationship? Hatefulness to each other, not being able to be myself, Trying to Change to please the other, laziness,(I could keep going)
6. Do you wear contact lenses or glasses? nope , lasik is a wonderful thing
7. When in your life have you been the happiest? Hmm, There should be a good answer for this.
8.Ever eaten soap? Is this really a quetstion?
9. What are you listening to right now?Silence
10. Is there a place you would like to visit soon? The beach would be nice
11. What's your favorite kind of drug? Love.......Snort! Well you asked a stupid question you get a stupid answer
12. Which would you rather be a pirate or a ninja? Who comes up with this stuff.....I guess I choose a pirate......Grrrrrrrrr
13. Have you ever fallen into a mud puddle? I don't think so, but I am up for anything
14. Do you like winter? There are great things about winter, Icicles, snow, crisp air, Christmas......But I am summer girl all the way! Less clothes, tan bodies, trips to the beach....
15. Does your screen name have numbers in it?no
16. Are you in a band?nope
17. Do you like parties? Depends, not kid parties so much
18. How long have you had your myspace for? Since 06 , I think
19. If you could own a monkey, would you? Uh NO
20. Do you own anything from American Eagle? A certain sweater comes to mind........No not at the moment
21. Do you listen to rap/hip-hop?yes, and so are you right now, if you have the speakers up
.22. What's the last thing you put in your mouth? UH...........just kidding.....Coffee
23. What was your first AIM name? ?????
24. Do you like fruit? Some yes, but I do not eat a bunch
25. Do you have a Nextel phone? no, just Tmobile, thats torture enough!
26. Have you ever given a random person your number? Yep
.28. Whats your favorite number and why? 25..... My birthday
WHERE IS 29!!!!
30. Would you make a good parenT? Not sure.......We will see what they think in another 10 years
31. Whats the last text in your phone inbox say?I will be there is a few
32. Do you have an addiction? Uh yes, Yes would be the answer.......I wish I could have it NOW
33. What's your favorite cuss word?WTF?
34. Do you like cops? Doesnt everyone like cops?
35. Have you ever flashed someone? Absolutely
36. Do you talk a lot? I think so
37. Do you get bored easily? Not really, just more restless, but it definetly not boredom
38. How many pillows do you sleep with?several
39. Do you like Smores?Sure
40. Do you like hugs and kisses? Yes, who doesnt
41. Do you act gangster?Negative Seriously....Who makes up these questions
45. When was the last time you went out of state? Before Christmas
46. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?no
47. What was the last thing you had to drink? Coffee
Monday, March 03, 2008
to write about that is....... I am tired. I am sick. And I am tired of being sick. Yet, be proud I ran most of my 3 miles today and did spin. It was a BEAUTIFUL day out, so thats the positive. Thats it , I told you I have nothing. Oh yeah, wait......I just remembered. I got two ideas for jobs today. Don't know how they will pan out or if I need them to, but still sometimes fate steps in you know? I don't even think I am going to mention them here yet...But just needed to say that things just happen in your life for a reason. Oh and this. I forgot to add this picture the other day. This was in the kids doctors office. I could not help but snap a pic with my phone. This completely cracked me up!!!!! (and NO! This is not one of the job opportunities)
And a really great quote! This one is from Grey's Anatomy. I am back to falling asleep to episodes since I got them back from Krysten. Who else here needs background noise?
"You can get over anything that happens to you.....You just have to survive it first"
Sunday, March 02, 2008
Well this weekend was very nice.....Some great girl time, caught up on some sleep, no kids......what more could you want! Today I went up and got the kids. Played some baseball with R, and then went to the park. I talked the kids into going down to the water. It was such a beautiful day! I love DeSoto. I could sit out on those rocks all day and listen to the water. But.....they lasted about 20 minutes and then wanted to get ice cream and play at the park. So we did. I will add some pics...Forgot my good camera though!! I really got to get in the habit of keeping it in my car! Well tommorrow starts another week, and after a week of sickness, I hope we are all getting better. Rye is still struggling but I hope it clears up soon. I did not get to run this past week so tommorrow, I will be stepping it up a bit. I am going to get to the gym early I hope. ........ I am going to post this survey and then go start my new book. Eat, Love , and Pray.....okay technically not new. Its been sitting on my shelf for a while. But it looks excellent. A womens year of self discovery in Italy, India, and Indonesia. Sounds great! Anyway....back to the blah survey. I am serious thats what its called!
1. last cigarette?? 1 really bad puff off of one at Hogwild. I choked. Because it has been since October since I quit! Yeah me(this totally helps with the whole running thing...go figure)
2. last beverage: 1 glass of Beringer right now
3. last phone call? Chris
4. last text message: See you at the gym in the morning
5. last CD played: A mix of music I have been into lately
6: last BUBBLE bath: About 2 hours ago
7: last time you cried :about a week ago on the phone with sis
8. last meal? The kids wanted Taco Bell.....I wishing I had not
SEVEN have you’s:
1. have you ever dated someone twice?: twice, three times, whatever
3. have you ever kissed someone & regreted it?: I am sure I have but I do not remember...You should never regret kisses.
4. have you ever fallen in love?yes
5. have you ever lost someone?: yes
6.have you ever slept until 2pm?: yes, quite recently.....Like Saturday
7. have you ever been drunk and thrown up? Yes, but not much. It only serves to make me feel stupid
SIX things you did in the past three days:
1.) slept all day
2.) shared an entire bag of M&M's
3.) sent Jewelry swaps out
4.) talked with friends
5.) played on webkins
6.) took the kids to the park
SIX people you can tell pretty much anything to ( I do not care for this question.....I list these in no particular order!!!!!!!)
THREE favorite colors —
list FOUR things you want to do before you die -
1.) Live at the Beach.....I mean litterally on it. House on sand. Windows open so I can hear waves crashing.
2.) Along with my trip to Italy.....I want to go to England, Scotland, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Switzerland, France, Germany, Greece.......Shall I keep going?
4.) Own a sailboat
This month have you…Laughed until you cried: nope
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT:
1. Your last kiss? tickled my ear......were we talking romantic kiss?
2. Gay Marriage? Its not my boat to float, but if it yours......Then float it
3. Lowering the drinking age?yes, absolutely, I wrote a paper on it in college. 18 is a legal adult. If you are legal in all other ways, and allowed to serve our country at this age, then by gosh, if you want to drink go right ahead. It should be 18
4. Straight, Gay, or Bi? Me, straight!
5. Who are the best huggers that you know? huggers, like people that hug me? My friends
6. Do you believe in love at first sight? Absolutely
7. Is there something you want to tell someone?yes
8. What brand of shirt are you wearing?Mossimo
9. Would you kiss anyone on your top friends?yes
10. What is your current annoyance? Everyone being sick!
11. How many kids do you want to have?2 is what I got
12. Do you want to change your name? no
13. Last time you saw your father? this afternoon
14. What did you do for your last birthday?? Danced all night at a bar in South Alabama, while drinking tequila
15.What time did you wake up today? 10
16. What were you doing at midnight last night? I had passed out watching a movie
17. Name something you CANNOT wait to do: Italy in November
18. What is your favorite thing in your room? hmmm, my bed
20. Where is your closest friend right now???? At home , I guess
Thursday, February 28, 2008
1. Produce: romaine lettuce
2. Bakery: fresh bread
3. Meat: Chicken
4. Frozen: ice cream!
5. Dry goods: Cereal
Lets say we are heading out for a warm weekend getaway. You're only allowed to bring 3 articles of clothing with you. So, whats in your bag?
1. jean skirt
2. tank top
If I was to listen in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what 4 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?
1. Bark, Bark!
2. Hey babe!
3. Hurry up!
4. Hello , my love
So, what 4 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn't get to do, you probably wouldn't be in the best mood?
1. Drinking my coffee
2. Surf the net
3. Going to the gym
4. Talking to friends
You're driving down the road, and suddenly you're hit with this sense of road rage. What 3 factors probably contributed to it?
1. People driving way to slow
2. People cutting me off
3. People who can not turn the car already!
Sweet, you just scored a whole afternoon to yourself. We're talking a 3 hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might we find you doing?
1. hmmmm.......I can't tell you what I would like to be doing! :)
2. Go see friends
3. Surf the web
4. Go for a run on the trails
Were going to the zoo. But, it looks like it could start storming, so it will have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do we have to get to?
You just scored tickets to the taping of any show that comes on t.v. of your choice. You can pick between 4, so what are you deciding between?
2. Grey's Anatomy
4. Oh , did I mention Moonlight?
You're hungry for ice cream. I'll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?
1. Cookies and Cream
2. Java Chip
3. Mint Chocolate Chip
Somebody stole your purse/wallet…in order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what's in there?
1. my vera bradley wallet
2. purple cell phone
3. orbitz gum
4. Keys with the green keychain
You are at a job fair, and asked in what areas you are interested in pursuing a career. Lets pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what 4 careers would be fun for you?
1. Personal Trainer
4. Marine Biologist(for old times sake)
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Here is the Blog Challenge for this week. Yes it is Sunday. But this one was hard!
My Personal Goal
As women we all spend time putting others first, worrying about them, taking care of their needs, scheduling their lives with little time left over for ourselves. For this week's challenge: What is your most important personal goal for the year? What are you doing that is just for you? How are you trying to improve yourself?
Okay, I am sure you know the answer to this. Running. That is what I am doing for myself. It is something that no one else can do for me. It is a singular sport. Does that make sense? I have to set my goals, I have to run the miles, I have to do the work. I have been running for over a year now seriously. I have a 1/2 marathon in 9 weeks and in January 2009 I am going to do the Rock and Roll Marathon in Phoenix. I don't care if I am living there or not I am going. I want this. I want it so much I can taste it! I know that if I am going to have it,It has to be all about running this year. No slacking off. No excuses. Just me hitting the pavement or treadmill. Whatever. Because you know what? Its true. I have put things that are important to me aside for to long. I am tired of putting my life on hold , because it is not a good time. So aside from running I am going to do things that make me happy. I am going to find stability in my life no matter what. I am so tired of being in Limbo!!!
Okay.....Sorry. That about got carried away! But hey if you can not say it out loud, why not type it for all the world to read... Seriously...Seriously.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Yep thats all I got for today. No kids tonight. Thats always nice. They wanted to spend the night with my mom and so I am going to bed early! Maybe listen to a little Boys II Men.
2. Do you have a favorite type of pen? - Zig Millennium size .05(size really does matter)
3. Look at your planner for March 10th, what are you doing?- Monday Go to the gym
4. What color are your toenails usually?- Hot pink(its my favorite color :)
5. What was the last thing you highlighted? My hair
6. What color are the curtains in your bedroom? I have a red sheet hanging over my window
7. What color are the seats in your vehicle?- beige
8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?- Yep, his name was Pantera
9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?-a bill
10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming?- no, but DH does
11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?-just cause I like to have cash on me
12. Who is the last baby that you held? Lola
13. Can you spell well? yes
14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?- no
15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?- same one
16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gator? -I don't want to pick either
17. Last time you went to Six Flags?- My 1 year anniversary in 2001
18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house? - no1
19. Closest thing to you that is yellow?- A mexican bowl Krysten gave me
20. Last person you gave a business card to?-When I get business cards I let you know
21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to? My sister for CM
22. Closest framed picture to you? - My daughters fall pics
23. Last time you had someone cook for you? -I guess my mom on Christmas Eve
24. What do you hate about sleeping?-sleeping alone(kids don't count)
25. How many emails do you get in your inbox daily (excluding spam)? - 5-10
26. Last time you gave flowers?- Me and Jess gave Beth flowers when we took her to the movies a couple weekends ago
8. Do you play air guitar?-no but I totally play air drums
29. Has anyone ever proposed to you? - never, YET I am married
30. Do you take anything in your coffee? -sugar free vanilla
31. Do you own any Willow Tree figurines? no
32. What is/was your high school's mascot? - an indian(raider) in Decatur and in Phoenix it was a Matador
33. Last person you spoke to from high school? - Stacey
34. Last time you used hand sanitizer? -hmmm, I don't usually I just wash my hands alot
35. Would you like to learn how to play the drums?- sure, I mean I already got the air drums down!
36. What color are the blinds in your living room? - white
38. Last thing you read in the newspaper? - They are hiring dancers at Babe's lounge
39. What was the last pageant you attended?- what?
40. What is the last place you bought pizza from? - Pizza Hut.
41. Have you ever worn a crown? -absolutely, every chance I get
42. What is the last thing you stapled?- I can not remember
43. Did you ever drink clear Pepsi? - don't remember
44. Are you ticklish? - only in a couple spots, but not bad
45. Last time you saw fireworks? -4th of July when I was doing themat mom and dad's
46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut? -I wish I could remember. They are best at like 5 am fresh and hot
47. Last person that IMed you, and you actually responded? - don't know
48. Last time you parked under a carport? - airport parking garage in October? I think
49. Do you have a black dog? - nope but I soon will
51. Are you an aunt or uncle? -Aunt to two little cute girls
52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of? - This guy at the gym. They are so darn blue! Great eyes!
53. Last time you saw a semi truck?- today..on the road
54. What is the last song you belted out in the car? -With you Chris Brown
55. do you have a little black dress? -nope
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Since I had such strong feelings about the 80's movie.....Let me give you a little something to look at!
Okay, now on to the other stuff. I had an excellent day. Which started with a good run. Legs felt better today so I was able to do it. I have been in an excellent mood ever since. Must be all the extra endorphins. I also met Jess for spin and came home to the phone ringing off the hook. But all in good fun. Because I have been laughing ever since. My mom called to tell me that some distant cousin was on American Idol. Me: " Okay mom, I will be sure to watch you 5th cousin , 8 times removed.....Talk to you later" About an hour later she called back. My grandfather had called back to say that it was not her cousin it was just a friend of the cousin. So he had to call every one in the family back to tell them NO , it was not the cousin, because you know we were all hovering over the phone , ready to vote....Right! Not like I was watching. Is it even good this year? Any new eye candy? I mean I gotta have some Daughtry or Beau. Nummy. LOLO? Can you help me with this? Still Mom had another funny to tell me. Which totally made me fall out of the chair laughing. My step grandmother's, mother is still alive. (Yes we are an American family--Grandpa robbed the cradle) The lady is nearly old and was watering plants today around the house. Well she gets to her favorite one and is watering it. Looks at her daughter(my step grandma) and says " This is the best growing plant I have ever owned, I simply love it" Well my grandparents don't have the heart to tell her that it is Fake. So they just nod , smile , and empty the water out each day. Now laugh, because that is funny. I don't care who you are. My second funny of the night came from my friend Kylene. She had me rolling with her diet woes. I will not go into details because chances are you will not find them as funny as me...cause I tend to laugh alot! But I will leave you with this. And I swear if anyone can tell me where to get the tshirt, I would love them forever. I would pay about 1,562$ for one. I don't know where I came up with that sum, but hey seems good. But recently her husband bought her this tshirt. Of course at Mardi Gras! But hey I think this shirt could just be a great everyday tshirt. Like say to wear to the gym.
" I want to ride you like a float, and eat you like a Moonpie"
Enough said. Night KY, Thanks for the laughs!!! xoxoxoxox
Sunday, February 17, 2008
1) What is something that mom always says to you
A: Go brush your teeth(so true, I think I was scared of that answer)
2) What makes mom happy?
A: Us being good
3) What makes mom sad?
A: Daddy being gone
4) How does Mom make you laugh?
A: giving hugs and tickles
5) What was mom like as a child?
A: Kendal said.....Just like her!(True), Ryley said- I was always hurt with a broke arm(You have no idea , son!)
6) How old is your mom?
A: Kendal said 5, Ryley said 38(thanks Rye)
7) How tall is your mom?
A: Kendal said Big, Ryley said Can I measure you please?
8) What is her favorite thing to do?
A: Go to the Beach!(they got me pegged)
9) What does your mom do when you're not around?
A: Go out and see friends
10) If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
A: Ryley- Rock and Roll singer(Yeah, BABY!), Ryley said my signature song would be "We will Rock you"
11) What is your mom really good at?
A: Ryley-running and being yourself
12) What is your mom not very good at?
A: building houses(I wonder why they think that?)
13) What does your mom do for her job?
A: Scrapbook(I wish!)
14) What is your mom's favorite food?
A: Ryley-Vegetables, Kendal- Salad(hmmm, acording to them i am healthy!)
15) What makes you proud of your mom?
A: Because you are a runner
16) If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
A: Kendal-Little Mermaid, Ryley-Little bo peep(Smartie)
17) What do you and your mom do together?
A: Go out to eat and the movies
18) How are you and your mom the same?
A: Ryley-we both like to exercise, Kendal- our hair
19) How are you and your mom different?
A: Ryley- she is taller than me, Kendal-Nope she is taller than me
20) How do you know your mom loves you?
A: Ryley-She likes to hug on us, and because you read books to us-well sometimes
So I feel pretty good about these answers and they had fun talking! Kendal was just being silly and Ryley was thinking really hard on his answers. He can read now so , you know I could not change his answers!! Now to get started on that Rock and Roll Singer(Maybe I should put that in my 30 things before I turn 30!) Haha!! Oh and Ryley , that is 28 , not 38.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
How old are you? 28
How old do you feel? You are as young as you want to be
Do you consider yourself a grown-up? yes....what is with the obsession?
Do kids call you mr/miss/mrs? I had a kid call me mrs. the other day.......snort
Did you graduate high school? Yes
Did you go to college? for a few semesters
If so, what is/was your major? marine biology....if you can believe it
Did your parents go to college? yes...some
Have you been back to your high school since you graduated? to the actual buiding .....NO
Do you still keep in touch with school friends? some yes
Have you been to a school reunion? yes.....interesting......especially the table cloths....Oh yeah, some people never change....at all.....still B@#$&*! (There are days I wish I had a filter)
Do you plan to attend a school reunion? why not, I would love to see if someone takes up the tableclothes at the next one
Are you single/dating/married/divorced? married
Do you have children? yep
Where do you work? Where don't I work
Are you happy with the carreer field you have choosen? let me think, this career kinda just chooses you, you know?
Are you satisfied with your income? nope
Do you hang out with your co-workers? all the time....we are like family
How many hours do you work per week? .24 x 7
Do you rent or own a home? I rent an apt.
Is your home big enough? nopeDo you throw parties often? nope
Do you want to move? not at the moment
What do you do for fun? hang out with friends
Favorite TV shows? Moonlight
Do you have a TVO/DVR box to record shows? No
What size is your biggest TV? 37? I think
How much do you spend on groceries weekly or monthly? Good grief...there is no telling
Do you have pets? had a cat....it left me for my mom(WTH)..I am getting a dog
What vehicle do you drive? corolla
What do you like or dislike about your vehicle? the dent where I backed a durango into it.
If you could back in time, what advice would you give yourself at
age 5: candy will totally give you cavities
age 16: do not where that short of skirt, and don't worry you really will get boobs
age 18: Do not stay with that guy(you know who you are!)
age 21: Go back to college.....oh and don't marry on a sidewalk in a shopping area.....still it worked out right?
age 25: Go back to college( I repeat)
age 29: Finish that 30 before 30 list!!!!!!!
Imagine that you have just joined a club.It is a FAVORITES book/cd club.When it is your time to make a suggestion you should suggest a book and cd that is your favorite –the one that you really connect with.Your goal is not to please the group but to convey something about yourself with your selection.Select the one book that you really connect with for whatever reason. Select the album/cd that you would keep if you were only allowed one for the rest of your life.Along with your selection please explain why.
I love to read. Anyone who knows me, knows this. I read it all. From Harry Potter to Jane Austin to Anita Blake Vampire Series! Oh and don't let me forget Janet EVanovich or Diana Giabaldon(no way did I forget LOLO). And while I would not want to be without any of these wonderful books. There is one that I don't think I could do without. And this is going to sound crazy...............Its the follow up book to Pride and Prejudice. Mr. Darcy takes a wife by Linda Bertoll. I know what you are thinking.. She has lost it. But here is why. The story of Elizabeth and Darcy is etched in my mind without a doubt. I know every conversation, argument, and memory they have in the original. But what I always wanted to know , was what happened next. I read countless sequels to the great classic, but was never impressed. Not until this book. From cover to cover , word by word, I soaked it up. I loved every ounce of it. I have read it so many times, just to be reminded. Because like so many women out there I needed to know that Elizabeth got the happy ending. That Darcy was just as good as he seemed. I needed to know that their love was one to last.
Now what album would I choose. Well obviously it would be a Jimmy Buffett album. Ballads from the Box Collection. So many songs that mean so much. My favorite song is Survive. A anthem if you will, for my life. A song that has been ever present in my marriage as well. Chris and I used to fall asleep every night listening to this album. We would lie in bed and talk or sing every song until we fell asleep. For years, the same thing. We used laugh when we would catch our kids mesmerized by the "blades of the fan on the ceiling" or about calling Kendal "Little miss Magic". I still laugh when Chris says to me....."If the phone does not ring....its me." Yeah, that is definetly the only album I would need for all time. In fact, now is as good a time as any to listen.......
.......because honey, I didnt know I would be missing you so..............but Come Monday it will be alright
Here is my favorite song's lyrics
I play the stereo loud
When I'm away from the maddening crowd
Smokin', jokin', clowns we all are
Sometimes I kinda get real ill
When I receive my monthly telephone bill
But you say it and I'll pay it
`Cause it helps me to
Survive stay alive
'Til I see you again
Survive stay alive
Can't say where it ends
Clouds lift and there are mountains below
Been a while since I've seen any snow
Chillin' so thrillin' so good to be back
Feels nice to be home for a while
Let's sip champagne til we break into smiles
We'll go dancin' romancin'
`Cause your the reason I
Survived stayed alive
Through the thick and the thin
Survive stay alive
When will it all end
But my bags ain't unpacked
`Cause I've got to go back and play
But I know we'll both
Survive stay alive
Through the thick and the thin
Survive stay alive
Until it all ends
Survive stay alive
When will it all end
Survive stay alive
Till I see you again
Thursday, February 07, 2008
I don't have the answer to this question, nor do I think there is a correct answer. Just something I am pondering..............
And this is Deep thoughts with Bry........
post your secret or wish :)
ExampleLike "I wish I could get to know that girl at the rec center"I W I C G T K T G A T R C
Or "I want pudding"I W P.
Repost your wish for the title.Within 5 minutes and the wish will come true.
p.s. don't tell anyone or your wish wont happen
So here goes mine!!!!!!
I W I C H H F G!!!
Got it? Come up with your own!!!!
Also good news! Ryley went back to school today, and he was picked to be the escort for the class Homecoming Representative. Its the same girl that he was class favorite with last year. So I am so excited to dress him all up and get pictures!!!!! Of course I will post when this happens. It is next weekend!
Other news....I am waiting to hear if my puppy is born....This week. I can't wait to see! This weekend should be busy. I hope to take in a movie with Beth and Jess(who should be back from the honeymoon) and it is Stacey's birthday weekend.....so Party out Saturday Night. Kind of excited to go out and party with the girls!
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
1. Would you forgive your best friend for sleeping with your wife or husband?uh......
2. Where were you on your 17th birthday?uh.......
3. Have you ever seen a live bat?Yes
4. Is there anyone you hate?totally
5. How much are you on the phone daily?all the time
6. Do you like the color orange?not really
7. Do you find it in your heart to forgive?hmmmm......not really
8. Have you ever seen a prostitute?sure
9. Have you ever seen a real redneck?i live in alabama
10. Do you like tattoos and piercings?yes!!!!
11. What size shoes do you wear?9.5
12. Whats your favorite season?Fall
13. Do you care if people talk smack about you?not really go right ahead..... cause I am probably talking smack about them! Ha
14. Do you like someone?Yes
15. Does your dad call you a nickname?yes
16. Are you in a good mood?yep
17. Do you think people will exist forever?nah, we are too stupid
18. What is your sign?Virgo
19. Do you believe in luck?yes
20. Would you rather sky dive or bungee jump?Sky Dive definitley!
21. Do you like snakes?not really---have I done this survey
?22. Where is one place you would like to visit?Italy
23. Do you like waffles?not really
24. Anything you are looking forward to?yes
25. What clothes are you wearing?shorts, sports bra and hoodie
26. Do you watch TRU TV?nope
27.Be honest, do you like people in general?generally yes
28. Big or small dogs?Both
29. Do you like Big Macs?Never had one! if you can believe it
30. Did someone bother you today?not yet, but it is early
31. What do you think about death?I try not to think about it
32. Sometimes, do you wish you were someone else?sure, I would love to switch lives........like in the movie The Holiday
33. Does someone love you?Everyone loves me
34. Do you know anyone named Dave?yes
35. Name a friend whose name starts with an M?Misty
36. Has anyone ever mistaken you for a family member?my sister
37. Got any nicknames?B, BB, Brick, Breezy
38. What color is your hair?brown
39. Do you like starbucks?not really
40. Are you named after anyone?nope
41. Say you were given a drug test right now. Would you pass or fail?pass
42. How tall are you?over 5'8
43. Are you taller than your mom?yes
44. Do you like the color blue?yes, I do......
45. Who was the last person to send you a AIM?
46. Last restaurant you went to?Ruby Tuesdays
47. What do you order at Outback Steakhouse?steak.....what else
48. How do you like your steak cooked?med. rare, depending on the place.....I like it almost cool in the center and bleeding all over my plate!
49. Last voicemail you receive?Laura....Como esta?
50. What is the first thing you would do if you won five million dollars?vacation
51. How many hours did you sleep last night?not enough
52. Any upcoming concerts you want to attend?don't know of any