Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010


I am doing something new today.....joining a blog hop for pets and check out this cause!





The Facts:

Each year, more than 4 million dogs end up in shelters and breed rescue organizations. Pedigree created The PEDIGREE Adoption Drive to help shine a spotlight on the plight of these homeless dogs.

This year the PEDIGREE Adoption Drive is raising awareness for homeless dogs by donating a bowl of food to shelter dogs for everyone who becomes a “Fan” or “Likes” The PEDIGREE Adoption Drive on Facebook. So far more than 1 million bowls have been donated the goal is for Pedigree to be able to give a bowl of food to each and everyone of the 4 million dogs in shelters and rescues by the end of the year.


How the Pedigree BlogPaws Bloggers are stepping it up to Be the Change:

Special for BlogPaws West: For each blog that posts about the PEDIGREE® Adoption Drive through September 19th, PEDIGREE® will donate a bag of their new Healthy Longevity Food for Dogs to shelters nationwide.

How can you help feed shelter pets?

It’s simple: Write a post, help a dog to the tune of a 20lb bag of dog food!

Thursday, September 16 through Sunday, September 19, the Pedigree BlogPaws bloggers will host a Blog Hop, to help raise awareness for the “Write a post, help a dog” effort. we will be hosting a blog hop where you can add the url (that's the direct link) to your Write A Post Help a Dog so that they are all in one place and we can see just how big of an impact we can have in the lives of Shelter Dogs.


So since this is my first pet blog hop........let me introduce you to my pet.


Yep, thats her.  Miley the Greyhound.  She likes her space.  She likes her sleep.  She likes her marshmallows.

I have a little tail er tale to tell you.  Yesterday, Miley and I were spending a relaxing day at home.  I had no classes and I planned to lounge around in comfy clothes, pick up the house and study.  I stepped out on the porch to enjoy my morning cup of joe and noticed that all my roses are in bloom.  Since I rarely cut any, I thought it would be nice to put some in my fall vase. 
Proud of the domestic energy I had drummed up I promptly got a pair of scissors out and headed out doors.  Miley being interested in always being by myside.  This is no problem.  We live in a very rural area and she follows me everywhere.  She rarely leaves the yard and then it is only to go say hello to the neighbors.  She is quite the lazy greyhound and hardly ever musters up the energy to run anywhere......except for the food bowl. I started cutting roses, my girl by myside. When I turned around and she was gone. I did not panic because I figured she just went back inside or to relieve herself. .....but after a few minutes......I was like where the heck is she. She had like vanished......owners of greyhounds can sympathize with my panic here. Trying not to panic I circled my yard several times, whistling, and calling.....I talked to the neighbor......he had not seen her.  I thought okay.....haha she is hiding in the kids bed(which she loves to do).....Nope.

2 HOURS

after calling in reinforcements
after driving everywhere possible
after crying

The neighbor came over and said her daughter in law who lives down the road had her
at the same time
J called and said they had called him......Thanks to the tag
at the same time
J's SIL drove up with her in the car......literally in her lap

She had wondered off......gotten lost.....and ended up down the road
She had been sitting on the porch crying
Everyone knows she is ours and everyone around here is related so they all started calling around.....

They even fed her and watered her.......she would not stop crying though....

Until SIL Drove past and she lept in the car with her and hopped out at my house......I thought she was going to tackle me. 

She has not let me out of her sight since.....

Lesson learned. 

I still do not think she needs to be on the leash at ALL times.  She is great playing in the yard with all of us most evenings.  Or at night and morning when she has to pee!  But when I just go outside during the day.......to do whatever this is the time that she likes to wander.  No more. 

Miley I love you to dearly......



2 comments:

24 Paws of Love said...

Sounds like you have a very strong bond. So glad you found her and she was OK.

Visiting from the blog hop. Come visit us at:

24pawsoflove.blogspot.com

Pup Fan said...

Whew... glad everything was okay!

Welcome to the blog hop!

http://istillwantmorepuppies.blogspot.com