Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2007

7 years!

Today is my anniversary, and well at least I can say I am not breaking tradition. We have never spent a anniversary together and we sure as heck did not spend this one together. He did send me flowers and a cd he made for me. It was all pictures he had on his computer and he put our song to it and a message. It was so awesome, I cried! Time really has passed by so quickly. I think back to where we were in that time. I look at pictures and laugh at how young we looked. I remember how it felt to stand on the side walk in front of the justice of peace. I do not remember the vows, in fact I do not remember a bit about it. There we were, Chris in a shirt and tie, and me in that blue dress. No witnesses not even a person passing in the parking lot. Just us on the side walk saying our vows. And who knew it would last this long. Not me for one. I had doubts, I was insecure. But not anymore. I can say that all those doubts faded with time. I know that I made the best decision of my life that day. I married the person I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with. No one will remember my wedding, I will never have a white dress to hand down to my daughter, I will not ever make a wedding scrapbook, but what I will remember is the years we share together. How happy we always are. How much love is always surrounding us. So few have what we have and that is good enough for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!!

What a beautiful post. And you know what, it's not the wedding that matters. I see all these "bridezilla" shows, and those psycho girls have got it all wrong.

The wedding is nothing. The marriage is everything.

Congrats to both of you, and here's hoping that you can break your tradition next year and spend your anniversary together!