Pages

Monday, December 31, 2007

30 Things before I turn 30

Now I have been thinking about this list for a long time. I don't feel like I have enough time to get it all done, but maybe just writing out the goals will help me work towards them. So with only 20 months to go before I turn 30, here is my list. I hope to cross each one off, write about it here, and if I am not able to get something done I hope to have a plan in place to help me achieve it as soon as possible. Oh and these are in no particular order, just how they came out of my head.

1. Go abroad-There are plans for this in fall of 08. DH and I are planning a trip to Italy!
2. Learn the basics for said country-again, I have set the wheels in motion for this, but now its time to actually read the books and listen to the tapes.
3. Go back to school and work on finishing up my general studies- I am shooting for Fall here.
4. Catch up on all things scrapbooking-This means all previous years, specialty albums, childhood albums, etc. I want to be working on current years only. I am so tired of the worry that these other things will never get done.
5. Continue my running-This sounds like more of a new years resolution, but really it should be a life long decision to remain active and in shape.
6. Run a marathon- This is my goal, I have run a 10k, I want to do a 1/2 in 2008, and the plan is to do the AZ Rock in Roll Marathon in January 2009.
7. Work on group fitness certification-This is seperate from going back to school. This is a field certification that can be obtained with a little studying and testing. Then I can go and teach in a gym. I would like to do group fitness/spinning/possibly yoga
8. Take my husband to Half Moon Bay, CA- He has never seen this beautiful place and I wish to take him there and drive down Hwy 1, hopefully in the fall. Stop at the little pumpkin festivals along the way, taking our time and enjoying all that this route has to offer.
9. Go to San Franciso-This could technically be done on the same trip as Half Moon Bay, but who knows, I love California so much I may want to break up the trips.
10. Visit Big Sky Country- Maybe even ski! We will see. I have a friend who lives up there and so does Chris. So It would be great to go to this area that I have never seen and be around friends as well.
11. Buy a mountain Bike- There are alot of races and fun things to explore if I could get into this hobby.
12. Go Kayacking- I live in AZ for goodness sake, there is so much to see and explore. By water, land or air!
13. Learn what it takes to be the house that is the kid friendly house-You know what I mean, I want the kids and their friends to want to be at my house. There are multiple reasons for this. For one, I am always in contact with my kids and know what they are into, and I wish to build a relationship with my kids that is close and open.
14. Get a dog- I do not have any pets, my cat is now living with my parents(long story) but I wish to have a dog. I want a small one, Chris a big one. So we are comprimising and getting a small dog. LOL. Actually I told him that when we knew his schedule better and would stay in a house longer than a few months then yes he could get a bigger dog. But for now , I have my name on the list for a morkie(Maltese/Yorkie).
15. Set up a fish tank..........again. Chris wants salt water which I am okay with, but here again....we need to stay in one place for awhile!
16. Do a fun/run/walk/ with the kids for a good cause
17. Sky Dive- Not by myself. No thanks, with someone attached to me and I think Chris will join
18. Continue paying off Debt- including student loans
19. Spend a anniversary together with my husband-This has not happened for us in 6 years! We have only been married 7!
20. Get into the habit of a girls night out-Seriously Laura, when I get home, seriously!!! I miss you--Oh and side note to this, we are going to get tickets to see Wicked and hopefully Mama Mia again!
21. Go on regular dates with my husband- No we have never done this. I need a babysitter!
22. Get in the car and drive somewhere for the weekend-no plans, no direction, just go!
23. Attend a SS retreat
24. Better yet, host a SS retreat-There is a ton of us in AZ and CA....its doable!
25. See Jimmy Buffett in concert....again-Now I know technically I have already done this..3 times but it just gets better and better and I hope in the next 2 years I can do it again!
26.Wine taste in California- I would love to go and stay at a vineyard and do this!
27. Ride a motorcycle- Yes I have done this, but it has been a really long time. Chris wants one so maybe it will be his I am riding!
28. Get another tattoo-I want one on the wrist or neck and I want it to be celtic in design with Chris name entwined in it.
29. Go back to Mexico- Hopefully with someone that knows it better!- Ivan and Krysten I am counting on you guys for this. I would love to see all those things I saw pictures of!
30. Vegas Baby!-- for more than 24 hours. This is the key factor. I got no sleep last time because we tried to squeeze it all in in such a short time frame. Also included in this trip is a shocking show(more shocking than Wayne Newton!) Chris and I are thinking of that Vampire Kiss show....I wonder if it is still playing.

Okay , there they are! Here is to crossing these off !

No comments: