Alas, it is Friday and therefore I have a busy day today getting all the kids to their respective parents and J and I are looking forward to a weekend to relax, hang with friends, run(that would just be me), and get some alcohol consumed. I bought some rather interesting bottles of red yesterday and look forward to trying them!
I have been doing tons of reading this week though and have lots of thoughts in my head. I will fill you in. To start with the fill ins though, here is FRIDAY FILL IN
1. The lesson I learned yesterday was that I really need to get out of the house and have some girl time.....I have missed it.
2. Apparently T town this week is where friends and family meet.
3. All these years I have wondered why I did not put my big girl panties on and deal with it .
4. No one knew what to expect when I arrived.
5. The truth is we really our the people our parents warned us about.
6. Cold, Trails, and you is what I remember most from that day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to making it home hopefully without hitting deer, tomorrow my plans include running and tomorrow night..."is gonna be a good night" and Sunday, I want to recover from Saturday night! ha!
Now for my own fill ins......
14.All my life I had been looking for something, and everywhere I turned someone tried to tell me what it was. I accepted their answers too, though they were often in contradiction and even self-contradictory. I was naïve. I was looking for myself and asking everyone except myself questions which I, and only I, could answer. It took me a long time and much painful boomeranging of my expectations to achieve a realization everyone else appears to have been born with: that I am nobody but myself. ~Ralph Ellison, and yes I have read Battle Royal. While I did not care for the short story this quote is powerful!
15. I know everyone here is really tired of the beach because we live so close but gosh darn it......I am not! I am going and I am taking my two barefoot children with me. We are sitting our bums in the sand as much as possible this summer. So if you need me thats where I will be. I am sure other trips will take place, I need a real good road trip to nowhere but beach.....yeah thats me all over the place.
Okay......filled in. Going to go back to laundry(gag) and homework. Only got a few precious hours before kiddos are out.