Pages

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The making of Valentines................

Saturday K. and I got out the cricut, the scrapbook paper, and the glue.  She practically fell to her knees beggining and whining for me to make them with her right then!!!!  Not practically, technically she threw a big fat fit until I threw down what I was doing and did them.  We made it 5 minutes.  5 minutes of cutting and pasting....with a little to much glue(see thee curling cards)

and she was completely done.  Stating it was time for her to get into the bathtub with her bathing suit on!  Hello.  No.  I ignored her.  Contrary to my earlier post about making your own Valentines.....this would have been so much easier to just buy them.  No, I am sorry I should not have said that.  I patiently finished the cards.  Cleaned up the mess and ran the bath water.  The next day of course K. had to start signing her names.  And last night she finished writing her friends names.  Tonight we stuff envelopes and add the blow pops.  This is just a multi step process.  They are darn cute though if I do say so myself.  We even mailed a bunch out.  Which I think is pretty good.  I am not usually this ahead of the game with holidays. V day is one I kinda despise too.  This will be mine and J's first Valentines Day ever.  I told him I will call him from
Mardi Gras.  He said I will tell you "I love you" .  I said works for me!  Glad we are on the same page.  No gushy love stuff for me.  All though some lucky person may get some "love" from me......Gotta do what you gotta do to get those beads dear. (kidding.....mostly)







We are working on her writing.  K's teacher said it was pretty bad.  I said she was like me......"Its not that she is not capable of it, she just doesnt care." The teacher laughed.(kinda).  Chicken Scratch and its an art form. 



  

No comments: