Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cafe Du Monde



Coffee is strong at the cafe du monde

Donuts are too hot to touch

Just like a fool, when those sweet goodies cool

I eat til I eat way too much





Cause Im livin on things that excite me

Be they pastry or lobster or love

Im just tryin to get by bein quiet and shy

In a world full of pushin and shove




And the wino and I know the pain of back bustin

Like the farmer knows the pain of his pickup truck rustin

Strange situation, wild occupation

Livin my life like a song


I have totally arrived
I got to eat beniets and drink coffee at Cafe du Monde while in Nawlins.
Something I have forever wanted to experience.
We walked all over New Orleans on our first night and when we found this gem.....I screamed
Litterally, I think I jumped up and down and did a jig in the streets.
Being the Parrothead that I am....its just on the list of things to do you know.
It was fabulous.....fabulous I tell you. 

On a side note....I took so many pics of New Orleans and did so many things I will just have to fill you in a little at a time.  I am still so freaking ecstatic over this trip!
Trip of a Lifetime!


 

No comments: