Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Well it was not good news......

Wow!  I just got home and its totally awesome to have so many new followers!

Thank you , thank you.....
it will take some time but I will get around to everyone's blog that stopped by today!

Well Rye and I made it over to the doctor.  It is an hour away (country people.....don't forget how in the country I am......I never forget.... )
Thank God for good friends with good directions. 
Mapquest you sucked my left toe today and pretty much everyday......
Birthday is this summer....Garmen?  Anyone?
Well needless to say I never would have made it on time and pretty sure my car would have been upside down and in a tunnel if I had followed Mapquest. 
but running late due to fog......my friend got me there just in time.  Bless you chica!
New doctor......new paperwork...Gag
I am an ex military wife....you would think I would be used to this!
Sorry I did not arrive early to do paperwork....
ahem....I have had the flu....don't make me breathe on you....

Okay fast forward.  Great doc.....I like.
Ears clear, nose clear, throat clear.
Eyes ......all that bloodshottedness (definetly not a word)
allergies.
Lets listen to your lungs.......I the mom of asthma child cringes.......
Oooh....thats not a good sound.......ohhhhhhh.....thats a really bad sound..
Well shit
"Well mom, Your sons lungs are completely infected and asthma flair up is up there on the scale"......
cringe more because I did not bring him sooner....
"No need to do xrays....I can hear it......and all the meds he will be on will knock out the pnemonia, bronchitis.....really insert any infection here___________"

I am the worst mom on the planet......

I swear J tells me that I would never win a parent of the year award.......neither would he...
I think we are just too laid back....

Rye looks at me and says " Mom its not your fault, God made it like this........and there is no way you could have known.......you have been sick too Mom."
He is wise beyond years.

The kid has had asthma for 9 years....he calls it the curse.  He said the curse is back. 
I would agree and with a vengence.

So with 2 pages of scripts ....we head home. 

He tells me on the way home
"Mom....I promise you....I am going to make history some day!"
I say really? What are your plans?

He says "Well, I plan on playing major league baseball....hopefully the Cubs for you and dad.....then I am going to write a book about how asthma never stopped me......I overcame it and went on the the major leagues"

I told him that was a great plan! 
he kinda pulls at my heart strings.....

I have really enjoyed the last few days with him.  Just the two of us and even though we have both been sick we have kinda reconnected.  They just grow up so fast and well I miss him.  You know ?
and his behavior and attitude has been better....
its been the pitts lately.....could of been the lack of oxygen....
Bad mom!......

So here we go....We are home....with antibiotics, steriods, inhalers.....yada, yada, yada......
Good thing there is rain this weekend....
because he can't be outside....
but with the dosage of steriods he is on....this could mean loads of fun for me and J......

Well again....thank you thank you to new and old followers....
I love reading your comments.....and promise to work my way around today soon. 

Going to be inside this weekend .....mainly do to the rain everyone seems to be freaking out about....
but also because Rye has book report.....oh I have 1 week to finish all assignments before finals...

Did I mention a research paper I have yet to start on......
Procrastination is an art.......I am the artist.
Got to get cranking!!!



6 comments:

Tabatha said...

Hope both of you feel better! And I hope you get your paper done... :)
And mapquest does suck and always seems to take you the LONGEST way instead of shortest way. :)

Wanda said...

Oh, I love your son's outlook about asthma not being able to stop him. Hope you're both feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Lucky for and good for you for raising such an awesome kid!

Dee said...

bloodshottedness is a word. I'm gonna add it to the dictionary.

Glad both of you are feeling better. And hey, as parents, we don't always catch things as soon as we "should". Depending on how much the kiddo complains.

Anonymous said...

You are not a bad mom! I try to wait things out too... they might actually get better on their own!

Your son sounds so grown up and responsible! You should send this post to Jerome Bettis (retired Pittsburgh Steeler) He has asthma and is always talking about dealing with that and playing professional football.

~Bry~ said...

Thankyou Dee! I really do need that word in the dictionary!