Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Blog Challenge(playing Catch up!): FAVORITES CLUB

Maybe I should have a glass of wine(or 2) more often.....it puts me in the mood to write!


Imagine that you have just joined a club.It is a FAVORITES book/cd club.When it is your time to make a suggestion you should suggest a book and cd that is your favorite –the one that you really connect with.Your goal is not to please the group but to convey something about yourself with your selection.Select the one book that you really connect with for whatever reason. Select the album/cd that you would keep if you were only allowed one for the rest of your life.Along with your selection please explain why.


I love to read. Anyone who knows me, knows this. I read it all. From Harry Potter to Jane Austin to Anita Blake Vampire Series! Oh and don't let me forget Janet EVanovich or Diana Giabaldon(no way did I forget LOLO). And while I would not want to be without any of these wonderful books. There is one that I don't think I could do without. And this is going to sound crazy...............Its the follow up book to Pride and Prejudice. Mr. Darcy takes a wife by Linda Bertoll. I know what you are thinking.. She has lost it. But here is why. The story of Elizabeth and Darcy is etched in my mind without a doubt. I know every conversation, argument, and memory they have in the original. But what I always wanted to know , was what happened next. I read countless sequels to the great classic, but was never impressed. Not until this book. From cover to cover , word by word, I soaked it up. I loved every ounce of it. I have read it so many times, just to be reminded. Because like so many women out there I needed to know that Elizabeth got the happy ending. That Darcy was just as good as he seemed. I needed to know that their love was one to last.


Now what album would I choose. Well obviously it would be a Jimmy Buffett album. Ballads from the Box Collection. So many songs that mean so much. My favorite song is Survive. A anthem if you will, for my life. A song that has been ever present in my marriage as well. Chris and I used to fall asleep every night listening to this album. We would lie in bed and talk or sing every song until we fell asleep. For years, the same thing. We used laugh when we would catch our kids mesmerized by the "blades of the fan on the ceiling" or about calling Kendal "Little miss Magic". I still laugh when Chris says to me....."If the phone does not ring....its me." Yeah, that is definetly the only album I would need for all time. In fact, now is as good a time as any to listen.......

.......because honey, I didnt know I would be missing you so..............but Come Monday it will be alright


Here is my favorite song's lyrics

I play the stereo loud
When I'm away from the maddening crowd
Smokin', jokin', clowns we all are
Sometimes I kinda get real ill
When I receive my monthly telephone bill
But you say it and I'll pay it
`Cause it helps me to

[Chorus:]
Survive stay alive
'Til I see you again
Survive stay alive
Can't say where it ends

Clouds lift and there are mountains below
Been a while since I've seen any snow
Chillin' so thrillin' so good to be back
Feels nice to be home for a while
Let's sip champagne til we break into smiles
We'll go dancin' romancin'
`Cause your the reason I

Survived stayed alive
Through the thick and the thin
Survive stay alive
When will it all end

But my bags ain't unpacked
`Cause I've got to go back and play
But I know we'll both
Survive stay alive
Through the thick and the thin
Survive stay alive
Until it all ends
Survive stay alive
When will it all end
Survive stay alive
Till I see you again

No comments: