I find it interesting, the people that read blogs. I love reading them. I love getting that inside look into the lives, minds, and emotions of others. I have people tell me they read mine. Which always shocks me. Why? Its not that interesting and half the time I don't keep up. Although I am doing pretty good here lately. I think we do it because we are just plain nosey! So why write a blog. It feels private when you are doing it, but its out in the open for everyone to see. Anyone! Oh well, I don't care. READ away. I know who you are anyway since I put that fancy tracker on my page. Ha! Gotcha!
Want to know more about me let me flood the blog with facebook survey's and notes!
The Bucket List
Things you have done during your lifetime, put a X
(x) Gone on a blind date
(x) Skipped school
(x) Watched someone die
(x) Been to Canada
(x ) Been to Mexico
(x) Been to Florida
() Been to Hawaii
(x) Been on a plane
(x ) Been on a helicopter
(x) Been lost
() Gone to Washington, DC
(x) Swam in the ocean
(x) Cried yourself to sleep
(x) Played cops and robbers
(x) Recently colored with crayons
(x) Sang Karaoke
(x) Paid for a meal with coins only
( ) Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't.
(x) Made prank phone calls
() Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans
(x) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose & elsewhere
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
( ) Danced in the rain-naked
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(x) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(x) Watched the sunrise with someone
(x) Blown bubbles
(x) Gone ice-skating
(x) Gone to the movies
() Been deep sea fishing
(x) Driven across the United States
() Been in a hot air balloon
( ) Been sky diving
( ) Gone snowmobiling
( ) Lived in more than one country
(x) Lay down outside at night and admired the stars while listening to the crickets
(x) Seen a falling star and made a wish
() Enjoyed the beauty of Old Faithful Geyser
() Seen the Statue of Liberty....SOON
( ) Gone to the top of Seattle Space Needle
( ) Been on a cruise
(x ) Traveled by train
(x) Traveled by motorcycle
(x) Been horse back riding
() Ridden on a San Francisco CABLE CAR
(x ) Been to Disneyland --- and Disney World
(x) Truly believe in the power of prayer
( ) Been in a rain forest
() Seen whales in the ocean
() Been to Niagara Falls
(x ) Ridden on an elephant
( ) Swam with dolphins
( ) Been to the Olympics
( ) Walked on the Great Wall of China
( ) Saw and heard a glacier calf
( ) Been spinnaker flying
(x) Been water-skiing
() Been snow-skiing
(x ) Been to Westminster Abbey
( ) Been to the Louvre
( x) Swam in the Mediterranean
(x ) Been to a Major League Baseball game
(x ) Been to a National Football League game
(x ) Thrown up after riding a roller coaster or other carnival ride
(x) Buried a pet
() Auditioned for a television show
And for even more info. Here is 25 random things about me. No prompts given!
1. I have moved back and forth between Alabama and Arizona so many times its ridiculous! Because of that, my heart stays torn between the two. Always will.
2. I have wonderful friends. Old and New. Several that I am close enough to call BFF (LOL) They come from everywhere and all so different. I love each one of them and sometimes feel overwhelmed by not being able to catch up with each one regularly, but they know no matter how much time goes by, when we do catch up its like not a day has gone by!
3. I have a wild spirit. Up for anything, anytime! I can look back on my life and realize that some of the best times were when I just spontaniously did something crazy!
4. I will tell you the truth if you ask my opinion. I will not falsly flatter people! So if you do not want to honestly hear how your butt looks in those jeans, don't ask me!
5. I love Jimmy Buffett. I am a total parrot head! Have been since I was about 10. No matter where I am if I here his voice come on the radio, my whole soul calms.
6. I love to Run. I am good at it, but don't push myself enough. I love the clarity it gives me. Running was my saving grace when military deployment happened to my family. Now , it still gives me the same peace.
7. I danced in the Superbowl Halftime Show. Superbowl XXX, in Tempe, AZ. The STeelers and Cowboys that year. After weeks of practice, costumes, and a kick to Diana Ross' hair(funny story), we were on. It was the best 10 minutes of my life. I think I am still a little deaf from the speakers but I will never forget the energy of those moments.
8. I love dance! I love performing Arts of any kind! I have always done it! I wish I had pursued it more but after a break for many years I am finally doing what I love. I love teaching dance at the studio. I smile just walking in! I love seeing the progress of my students, I love the relationship with them!
9. I also do something I never thought I would do. I coach the High School Danceline and Co/coach the Winterguard. I am so incredibly blessed and sometimes can not believe that this job is mine! I love these girls so much. HS students are the best. I love being their coach, friend , and mentor.
10. I hate to cook.. but I LOVE to bake! ( I am stealing this one Candace) I especially love cake decorating or maybe I just like the icing. I wish I had more time to do it, then again my waiste thanks me for not!
11. I love scrapbooking, and all the paraphenalia that goes with it! Seriously this must go back to my days of loving to get new school supplies!
12. I am not close to my family, but I have learned my friends are my family. I truly hope to have a better relationship with my children than I have with my parents.
13. I broke my arm 3 times when I was in the 3-4 grade. Same arm, multiple breaks each time. I stayed in a cast for close to a year and half. I had reconstructive surgury which I still carry major scars for. But I would rather have a scarred arm than no arm at all(which was almost the case!)
14. Vampires are my obsession. Not in a deep dark twisty way. I just can not get enough! I read many different series on them and watch as many movies/shows as I can. My husband jokes about it so much , he decided to be one for Halloween. Smart Guy.
15. If I am vacationing, 9 times out of 10 I will be at the beach. I love it. I wake up early in the mornings and go walk, sit, run, whatever! I spend all day there and never leave before watching the sunset. I hate leaving so much, that I hope one day not to have too.
16. I miss my grandparents so much it hurts. My grandmother died when I was 13 and I still feel her loss with every ounce of me. I remember so many details about her. She was everthing to me. Her husband, my grandfather died this past September. I am not ready to accept it. I had 16 extra years with him and so I have such a different relationship. A grown up relationship. When we buried him next to my grandmother, I cried for the loss of both them.
17. I love old school rap/ hip hop! I can usually conjure up a memory of where I was when the song was big. I was definetly a troubled teen! But no lasting effects!
18. I recently went to Italy. It was my #1. I felt like I had accomplished a lifelong dream being there. I can not wait to go back. It was more than I expected. Well maybe not the food, but I truly understand the meaning of "Italy gets in your soul" ! You leave a part of you there and it leaves a part of it in you.
19. I have amazing kids! Ryley is so smart, gifted. Just like his dad. I love his kind heart and willing to help. He has always been an easy going great kid. I was truly blessed with him. Kendal is mini me. Good at a lot of things. Especially dance. She is a natural. She is stubborn and wants her way. She makes me incredibly happy just to watch her. The cool thing is I know exactly how to deal with her because I know how I wanted to be dealt with when I was child. My parents did not get it (LOL)
20. I was a young mom. Not as young as some now but I had my first child right after I turned 21. Now at 29, I have a 8 and 5 year old. This puts me in the category as alot younger than most of the 8 year olds parents out there. It also puts me with having so many friends having kids now! I am done and can not imagine going back to having babies!
21. With number 20 being said, I am not a baby person. I do not coo and beg to hold babies. Never have! My friends joke now. They know I am the last person to hold one. The one time I did, someone grabbed a camera! Ha!
22. I love music. It is rare to not have some kind of music playing in my house. Early in the morning, late at night, all day. I love blasting it and dancing around the house with my kids! I listen to everything. Rap, hip hop, rock, country. My kids love it too.
23. I am completely in love with California. LOVE IT! When I lived in AZ, I went as much as possible. My favorite little town is called Half Moon Bay. I was able to spend a glorious day there many years ago with my son and dad. It is a day tatooed on my soul. I love the rolling hills, the cliffs, the towns, the weather. EVerything.
24. I definetly love to travel. I love to go to all kinds of place. Beaches, Mountains, Historic sites, Lighthouses(a family favorite), Hot , cold, you name it! I love seeing the world.
25. I love to read. I do it alot! I am a fast reader and go through books like nothing. I often read entire series in a week or weekend. I read late into the night and have been known to wake up and turn on the lamp and continue!