Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
"Rome doesn't compete. Rome just watches all the fussing and striving, completely unfazed, exuding an air like: Hey-do whatever you want, but I'm still Rome. I am inspired by the regal self-assurance of this town, so grounded and rounded, so amused and monumental, knowing that she is held securely in the palm of history. I would like to be like Rome when I am an old lady. "
This is from the book :
eat pray love
One Woman's Search for everything across Italy, India and Indonesia
by Elizabeth Gilbert
I love this book, this is my second time reading it. Although I will be honest and say I did not make it through the first time. This book is about a woman's journey to find herself after realizing she is living a life she desperately wants out of. Once at rock bottom, she begins to rebuild herself through exploration, adventure, and change.
This book speaks to me and I can relate to so much(especially lately!). I am looking forward to finishing it this time.

No comments: