Pages

Thursday, September 09, 2010

I came across this today in my google reader and went on a search to find the original article.  You can read it HERE

Thought it was very interesting......and I added my own commentary


By 30, you should have:

1.One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
This is very true....except for the going back part


2.A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
Thank you very much.  Mine is turn of the century 1900's France

3.Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
I suck at this one, I still prefer to dress very casual, hippy, etc.

4.A purse, a suitcase and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
Check.....of course I am not a purse girl.  I love my Kavu

5.A youth you’re content to move beyond.
I can move beyond it, problem is will anyone let me move beyound it?

6.A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
haha.....definetly

7.The realization that you are actually going to have an old age—and some money set aside to help fund it.

8.An e-mail address, a voice mailbox and a bank account—all of which nobody has access to but you.
check

9.A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
hmmmm

10.One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
check

11.A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill and a black lace bra.
I got the bra!  I have never found that my life was uncomplete with out the screwdrivers or drill


12.Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
Not sure about this

13.The belief that you deserve it.


14.A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
Yeah , about this.....

15.A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship and all those other facets of life that do get better.
Yes, okay....Im there

By 30, you should know:

1.How to fall in love without losing yourself.
Yeah got that, problem is letting the other person find me.

2.How you feel about having kids.
I feel I have them.....not sure about the future.

3.How to quit a job, break up with a man and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
Check

4.When to try harder and when to walk away.
Check

5.How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
Check

6.The names of: the secretary of state, your great-grandmother and the best tailor in town.
Uh....Fail

7.How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
Check

8.How to take control of your own birthday.
Check

9.That you can’t change the length of your calves, the width of your hips or the nature of your parents.
Check

10.That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
Thank God

11.What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
Check

12.That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs or not flossing for very long.
Check

13.Who you can trust, who you can’t and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
Check

14.Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
Check

15.Why they say life begins at 30.
I am betting on it!

I will add a few of my own.By the way I have known all these for awhile but it is amazing the people you meet that do not!

Know:
How to change the oil or at least pay attention to when it needs to be done and get it done.

Not to depend on a man to do the previously mentioned.

How to air up a tire

Know some basic decorating do's and don'ts

Know what looks good on you and what doesnt

Know who your friends are and know when it is TIME to see them

Have a understanding that people and life get busy and not to take it personally

Know how to clean your house sufficiently enough to have company within 15 min.

have some cooking skills that do not include the microwave

Have a list of dreams and aspirations and how to achieve them

know what you believe in and when to stand up for those beliefs

be able to listen to others even when you do not agree

know to not be judgemental

There are so many more I could add!

But

back to the grind.  I have been on the computer but no blog.  Priorites!  I am a little bit over my head with school work at the present time.  Be back soon!









More on

No comments: